Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Static Caravan Wanted

Static Caravan Wanted Are you looking to buy a satic caravan? Why not tell us?

Old 30-07-2012, 15:51

Default " Wanted " Static Caravan in Clacton on sea!

Hi Everyone, i'm looking for a 3 bed Static Caravan for family weekends away, i'm looking to stay On St Osyth Caravan site Clacton on sea and Seawick Clacton on sea but would consider another site close by to them. Cash waiting for the right Caravan.

Thank you

Old 30-07-2012, 16:32

Send a message via MSN to Bobsnobs Send a message via Skype™ to Bobsnobs

Hi again I think Muppetchops one of our members is on that site she will be along shortly and she can help you.
Old 30-07-2012, 17:19

Thank you Bobsnobs, great site
Old 30-07-2012, 18:12
Retired Member

think shes at the van at mo but may be along later , shes the person to ask i thnk
Old 31-07-2012, 03:00
Retired Member

Thought my ears were burning ...........

Ace - silly question, but have you tried the sales offices on each park? Or are you looking to buy one privately? I know of a few for sale atm and probably one coming up at the end of the season. Bear in mind that if you buy one privately site fees paid by the existing owner for this season aren't transferrable to you and the current owner won't get any refund of site fees themselves as it is after the end of June, so you will have to pay pro-rata fees for the rest of the year to the Park on top of the price you pay. There is also a 15% plus VAT of the sale price transfer fee payable to the Park. The seller may pay this as part of the sale, but may not. Also, you will have to pay 500 a year more site fees every year as you haven't bought through the park. Just a few things to think about before buying privately......

What is your budget? Are you looking for a starter van or one with double glazing and central heating?

If you really like the area, I would look at Hutleys as well (family owned park) - their site fees include electricity, rates and water and insurance - you have to pay for these on top of your site fees on the other two parks.

Last edited by Retired Member 8; 31-07-2012 at 08:55.
Old 31-07-2012, 13:42

MuppetChops thank you for your advice and help, was looking to buy private as was told that's the cheapest way to find a bargain but after reading your post i'm not so sure now lol to be honest i'm just looking to get the best value for my money on a family caravan as i'm not a rich man being married and having 3 kids lol, looking to spend between 6.000 to 10.000 max if possible and would like something that's Modern and not to old and with Double glazing and Central Heating with the funds i have to spend. Thank you for your time MuppetChops it's appreciated
Old 31-07-2012, 13:48

Sorry MuppetChops forgot to add that we do like Hutleys too as we have friends who already have a Caravan on that park. Thank you
Old 31-07-2012, 16:51

Hutleys have a shorter season than St Oysth Beach or Seawick and also less facilities. If on St Oysth or Seawick, you can use facilities on both.Visit all, talk to people and get a feel for what feels right for you.
What MuppetChops say's about the pricing is correct. Don't forget, first year is all in, after that...........bills.

Good luck.

http://s495.photobucket.com/albums/r...Our%20Caravan/
Old 31-07-2012, 18:26
Banned

I thing a shorter season can be a positive as firstly it keeps the fees lower also by the time it comes to the end of the closed season you will be champing at the bit to start useing the van again so dont rule it out give it some thought.
Old 31-07-2012, 22:51
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadyg2002 View Post
Hutleys have a shorter season than St Oysth Beach or Seawick and also less facilities.
Less facilities? Hutleys has a chip shop, big cafe, small cafe, pub, swimming pool, off licence, hairdressers, launderette, bookies, bouncy castles, etc., big amusement arcade, tattooist, bakers, general shop. What has our park got - a club with a smaller bar/eating area, swimming pool and tiny shop in reception, oh and a fishing pond lol - Seawick hasn't got a lot more. Think you can buy a yearly pass to St Osyth/Seawick anyway if you really want to use the facilities. It may have a shorter season, but everything shuts down on our park at the end of October - no entertainment, club open at weekends only on reduced hours lol.

Last edited by Retired Member 8; 01-08-2012 at 07:17.