Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > The Exchange > Wanted

Wanted Post where you want a caravan for exchange.

Old 17-08-2011, 14:07

Default Any sites around Peterborough??

Hi folks, its been a while since I have been on here, hope your all fine and dandy

I am looking for a site that rents out vans around Peterborough, I am not really wanting to exchange as such because I dont let mine out as the rules and regs would be too much hassle for me, but we need to visit some relatives and as th are 7 of us ( 2 adults & 5 children,3 join us while down there) a caravan is perfect for us.

We travel down the A1 from up north and Peterborough is a good meeting point for others too, so not too far from the A1 around the Peterborough area. Anyone know of any sites ? or have a van to rent out down that area?

cheers

Old 17-08-2011, 14:59

Hello Mealo

Not sure how close to Peterborough you want to be, but we have found our own little bit of heaven near Northamptonshire at Overstone Lakes. They do allow rental as long as you strictly monitor who is renting.

Any good?

Val
Old 17-08-2011, 15:13

I will take a look at the map now, thanks
Old 17-08-2011, 15:42

Hi Val

I have had a look and I think it might be too far out, it takes us around 5 hours to get down to Peterborough where the 3 kids are brought to for us to collect. Our car cant take 7 passengers so we would have to get to the caravan then one of us drive to Peterborough to collect the kids and bring them back to the caravan. It would appear to be about around an hour to get to Peterborough from you so 5 hours down, an hour across to Peterborough and an hour back I will show my other half and see what he thinks as he is more familiar with the roads around there than I am. I will get back in touch soon if its a possibility.