Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Before Owning A Caravan

Before Owning A Caravan Discussion and advice on all aspects involved in deciding if a static caravan is right for you.

Old 23-08-2012, 12:16

Default Sites in/near Dorset?

Hiya can anyone recommend me nice sites in or near Dorset (prefer to be close to Bournemouth as possible but will consider all) We are thinking about buying a static on a site & am interested in what sites you are on or like & which ones I should avoid like the plague! Thanks x

Old 23-08-2012, 21:00

We have to be careful about 'naming' sites but if you use the search facility you will find that there is a thread about where people have located their statics, when you have enough posts you will be able to PM individuals. Good luck.
Old 23-08-2012, 22:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Shopaholic View Post
Hiya can anyone recommend me nice sites in or near Dorset (prefer to be close to Bournemouth as possible but will consider all) We are thinking about buying a static on a site & am interested in what sites you are on or like & which ones I should avoid like the plague! Thanks x
Hi Princess - we are on Hoburne, Bashley Park, New Milton, on Hampshire/Dorset border. 3-4 miles inland, on the edge of the New Forest, which suits us fine - close enough to the seaside for the grandchildren, and OH and I have the forest to play in! Not the cheapest site in the world, but about average price for the area. Have found Hoburne to be very fair and up-front to deal with - no nasty hidden surprises, and their maintenance team are really on the ball. Plenty of facilities on site if that's what you're looking for - Indoor & outdoor pools, clubhouse, 9 hole golf course etc etc. all of which would be a benefit if you are looking to hire out. Suggest you take a peek at their website - www.hoburne.com. Happy hunting!
Old 29-08-2012, 12:54

Hi thanks for the reply, one of the sites I have looked at is a Hoburne one so it is good to know they are fair to people
Old 29-08-2012, 12:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogabreathes View Post
We have to be careful about 'naming' sites but if you use the search facility you will find that there is a thread about where people have located their statics, when you have enough posts you will be able to PM individuals. Good luck.
Thankyou for the advice, there is a specific site we are interested in that is actually in Somerset, is there a place I can post to ask if anyone has a van there & how they find it? Sorry, just do not want to post anything I shouldn't.......
Old 29-08-2012, 13:12
Social Media Boss

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Hi, you can simply start another thread in this section as it's called 'before owning a caravan' - (check the site's not already mentioned) try using the search with the name of the site, as if you do it in this thread, it may be overlooked/lost.

Hope this helps, and probs, just ask

Angela B.
Mod Team

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

My 'New Old Girl'
Old 05-09-2012, 08:17

We've had a van at Durdle Door, Lulworth for about 15 years. Great site, always clean and the staff are friendly. Whilst it is not close to Bournemouth, it is in a lovely part of Dorset and Weymouth is just down the road. One of the things I like about it is that is in beautiful countryside but not that far away from the towns.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:21
Social Media Boss

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Hi, thanks for that - welcome to the forum

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

My 'New Old Girl'
Old 05-09-2012, 08:23
Banned

Well I just love Dorset but much to far away for me to have a van there.