Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet
 
 

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Shopping > Found

Found Have you found a bargain? Why not share it here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #181  
Old 18-07-2014, 14:50
Traction's Avatar
Traction Traction is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Eggleston, nr Barnard Castle, Co Durham
Posts: 757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blootered Already View Post
My tip for cleaning windows inside and outside is to get a bucket of water put a couple of cap fulls of vinegar in the water and mix it in.Then wash your windows with a sponge and dry with Chammy then get an old newspaper and make a few paper balls then go over your window with them and you will have gleaming windows for very little cost.
That's exactly how my Mum taught me to wash windows as it was how she did it
__________________
Trish
Reply With Quote

  #182  
Old 18-07-2014, 15:02
Tiamaria589's Avatar
Tiamaria589 Tiamaria589 is offline
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blootered Already View Post
My tip for cleaning windows inside and outside is to get a bucket of water put a couple of cap fulls of vinegar in the water and mix it in.Then wash your windows with a sponge and dry with Chammy then get an old newspaper and make a few paper balls then go over your window with them and you will have gleaming windows for very little cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traction View Post
That's exactly how my Mum taught me to wash windows as it was how she did it
I have heard of the newspaper method, but I have never tried it, doesn't the wet print make a mess?

and just for the record.......... I DID buy a karcher thingee and YES.......... it is still in it's box in the attic sorry
__________________
ruled by....one beautiful granddaughter, 2 kids, 3 cats and 1 hubby

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 18-07-2014, 15:51
Traction's Avatar
Traction Traction is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Eggleston, nr Barnard Castle, Co Durham
Posts: 757
Default

It makes a bit of mess on your hands Tia with the newspaper print but never does on your windows funnily enough - even if you really scrutinise the glass. By the time you buff them with the paper there isn't that much water on the glass as you have used the chammy to dry it. Give it a try Tia - certainly reduces the number of streaks left on the glass :-)
__________________
Trish
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 18-07-2014, 15:56
Tiamaria589's Avatar
Tiamaria589 Tiamaria589 is offline
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traction View Post
It makes a bit of mess on your hands Tia with the newspaper print but never does on your windows funnily enough - even if you really scrutinise the glass. By the time you buff them with the paper there isn't that much water on the glass as you have used the chammy to dry it. Give it a try Tia - certainly reduces the number of streaks left on the glass :-)
will do..

one day
__________________
ruled by....one beautiful granddaughter, 2 kids, 3 cats and 1 hubby

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 18-07-2014, 18:20
treetopper treetopper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Treetops
Posts: 5,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamaria589 View Post
I have heard of the newspaper method, but I have never tried it, doesn't the wet print make a mess?

and just for the record.......... I DID buy a karcher thingee and YES.......... it is still in it's box in the attic sorry
You could use the Karcher to suck up the vinegar to use again
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 31-07-2014, 10:07
Mandalina Mandalina is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2
Default

Karcher is a good brand indeed)))
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 09-08-2014, 09:36
Hovis's Avatar
Hovis Hovis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gilsland, North Berwick, East Lothian
Posts: 455
Default

Think this is no bad price as it includes the wee blade which is better the smaller hopper windows.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009PN0WC...rd_p=513983207
__________________
50 Miles per Vegi Burger (M/VB)_-_-
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 27-03-2016, 10:31
Mosquito Mosquito is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Fold House Park, Pilling , Lancashire.
Posts: 1,386
Default

I'll have to get one. We have an area in the villa where we can open all the windows (glass curtains). They just fold back and don't have a frame. They're great but as they form three walls of the room and go from ceiling to floor there is a lot of window cleaning. Mrs. Mosquito likes to do that job herself but with one of those, I could probably do the job just as good as she does it. lol.

Last edited by Mosquito; 27-03-2016 at 18:12.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 27-03-2016, 11:41
Chrissy52's Avatar
Chrissy52 Chrissy52 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tree Tops
Posts: 304
Default

I invested in one of these. Wouldn't be without it either at home or for the van, particularly good for doggy nose and paw prints on the door!! Don't bother with the special cleaner, I use diluted washing up liquid and a cloth, then the Karcher.
__________________
LIFE IS FOR LIVING, ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN..
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 27-03-2016, 18:15
Mosquito Mosquito is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Fold House Park, Pilling , Lancashire.
Posts: 1,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy52 View Post
I invested in one of these. Wouldn't be without it either at home or for the van, particularly good for doggy nose and paw prints on the door!! Don't bother with the special cleaner, I use diluted washing up liquid and a cloth, then the Karcher.
Great tip Chrissy, it must be a lot less expensive.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

West Coast Windows


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
karcher window vac treetopper Found 0 03-01-2016 16:31
Karcher (look alike) window cleaner for under 35 Grayo Found 0 25-02-2015 17:20
window drain caps and window paint. sunnydays Technical Issues 8 03-10-2012 11:20
WOW that was close cornish rattler Owning A Caravan 9 26-08-2012 14:10
Wow. cornish rattler General Discussion 17 10-05-2012 11:05


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.