Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 01-02-2013, 19:25

Default Payment/Handover on Monday

As some will know we found our ideal van/park and placed a holding deposit whilst I transfered funds around. We are going up to the van next Monday 4th February to meet the owner to go through the van, sale of contents agreed, keys, manuals, certificates, plus a general overview of how things work, what needs doing when opening up for 1st March etc....

Once that meeting is done and everyone is happy, the Park Owner will join us as he is/has negotiated the sale and as such we need to pay him direct and he will in turn pay the owner out of our funds minus his commission.

I expect some paperwork covering this transaction along with the paperwork regarding the contract between us, the new owners and him, the park keeper re; rules, regulations, term time of van etc....

The park owner had suggested taking my cheque book so several cheques can be made out for the various transactions.....they of course will take a few days to clear and Id rather come away with the keys etc....so I'm taking my laptop, card reader etc...so bank transfers can be done instead ( if we can get wi-fi )

So......have I covered most things ?

Other than proof that no finance is owing on van ( would orig purchase receipt from Kendal Caravans be suffice ? )

Regards

Chris ( a tad excited though transfering circa 36k will make a nice dent in my hard earned )

Last edited by Northern Chap; 01-02-2013 at 19:29.

Old 01-02-2013, 20:20
Banned

I would make a list like a snag list that you can check before you take over the van.That will reduce the chances of problems arising after you have the keys but its an exciting time so enjoy it.
Old 01-02-2013, 20:59

Guarantees to make good any problems covered for how long. -Sometimes if a static wasn't drained properly at the end of the season there can be boiler/radiator issues when reconnected. Have a lovely time.
Old 01-02-2013, 21:24
Supporting Member

i would defo try and negotiate on the terms of the warranty... i only had 3 months on mine..... we bought in September but the warranty would be up in december..( when the site was shut!!).
anyway, we made a snag list and gave it to the office and they extended the warranty so it would cover for when the season started up again and the jobs could be done....

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Old 01-02-2013, 21:29

Congratulations Chris, and monday isn't far away. But it probably seems a long way off, in the excitement. Now the real fun starts, moving stuff in, buying essentials, etc.

Time to enjoy your new purchase, and plan things out nicely now.
Old 01-02-2013, 23:30

Enjoy the preparations for your first stay. make sure you get your insurance sorted out. We did it cheaper ourselves than if we used the site's recommendation.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:22

As has been mentioned, snag list, insurance-site or own-do you have to through the site, modifications to the van-upvc windows-can you get someone to fit or is it site, decking-site or self build-wood or upvc-van maintanence-are you allowed to paint chassis. Some sites can be funny about what you do and cannot do to a van. Just make sure you're armed with the toolbox of questions, take a pen and pad and write things down in front of them-36k is a lot to pay so be sure that everything is right. Good luck and it be an exciting time for you.

Si

Check out the social group clubs on my page:http://www.gostatic.co.uk/member.php?u=17474
BERT the Gostatic mascot-RIP 2012. Fare well faithful defender of our static
Old 02-02-2013, 15:28

Chris. Barry will let you know if any finance is owing,, i doubt it on a site like that. Its also better you are buying from the park then they can nail down guarantees warranty etc. On a pre owned van there is not much to warranty most snagging is done when the van is new... we dont offer warranty per se but we sort out any non wear and tear items... eg a new client has just told us of a blown double glazed unit and of course we will replace that. Its much easier if you buy from the park... if you buy from a client you are on your own from scratch.

All the best. Chris.
Old 03-02-2013, 15:59
Banned

Chris. The big day tomorrow have fun.
Old 03-02-2013, 16:34

Hope all goes well tomorrow, and you will soon be enjoying yourselves.