Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > The GoStatic Reference Hub

The GoStatic Reference Hub The GoStatic Reference Hub is the home of our most important threads. If you are thinking of buying a static caravan, we recommend starting here.

Closed Thread

Old 30-06-2014, 11:29

We are very lucky to have been offered my parents 9 year old, hardly used, static located in Argyll. we live down south so are looking to relocate it to Wales or south west England within a 3 hour max driving radius of Bath. I thought finding a free pitch would be easy but it us proving depressingly hard with many parks being very unfriendly/unhelpful. your thread has given us renewed hope that we could find somewhere that suits us. I have noted down every suggestion or link within our area and will hit the phones but realise some go back a few years, if anyone knows of any up-to-date parks accepting bring ons I would be extremely grateful. sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, I have never posted anything on a forum in my life!

Old 30-06-2014, 13:22
Departed Friend

hi heather,and welcome.
there is the park ang has mentioned near welshpool,which i have visited and looks very nice.
within 5 miles of this one there is llewyn cellyn,a very well kept park,but a little regimented.
park resorts in borth(aberystwyth)also accept towons,but the pitch fees are quite high,and you have to be firm with them as they will continually try and get you to upgrade and buy one of their vans.
also,the pitch you will be offered won,t be one of their better ones.
another thing to look into is will it be financially viable to transport the caravan over such a long distance,as they don,t retain much value even if kept immaculate.
Old 27-07-2014, 14:47
Departed Friend

riverside in borth accept tow ons.
Old 29-07-2014, 15:33

Default HELP - need to find a site quickly....

Hi there,

Im a newbie to the forum and Im looking for some help/information to find a caravan site or farm in Wales, Devon or Norfolk where we can put our static caravan.

I have tried Dolgamedd and Newadd with no luck - is there any other sites that I should contact?

Thanks

Flower14
Old 29-07-2014, 17:46

Stonepitt are not taking any more caravans
Old 11-08-2014, 21:42

Flixton Caravan Park nr Filey has a few plots available..
Old 31-08-2014, 17:24

When we moved from Lochgoilhead to near Stonehaven we paid 900 pounds (abroad just now and no pound key on keyboard) this was by Drymsynie Construction but they were part of the same group of companies that owned the park we were moving from. McCallums in Stepps were somebody we tried but were expensive, there is also Wallace Caravans in Mintlaw nr Peterhead you could try and the cheapest we found was North Lodge Transport nr Kircaldy.

To be fair can't vouch for any of the last three as we didn't use them and not sure if Drymsynie Const would be interested as it isn't one of theirs. We were meant to be using Wallace Caravans at one point but he kept putting us off - can't really blame them though as the way out of Lochgoilhead is known as - I think The Devil's Staircase and is a single track road with passing places, sharp bends and steep hills, we didn't like driving a car along the six miles let alone towing a 40 feet load.

http://s1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii490/bluemax90/
Old 06-10-2014, 14:09

NORTH DENES CARAVAN PARK in Lowestoft are allowing bring on`s, free site fees till 2015 etc, no age restrictions, their advert reads bring your caravan on for free, here is the link
http://bringyourcaravantous.moonfrui...nes/4586257256 hope this helps, speak to Greg and say that old reece from 159 refereed you, and if you decide to come on i get a drink for referring you, or your welcome to come and see me for a chat and i can tell you more about the site, and i can take you into the office to introduce you
Old 19-10-2014, 10:28

Send a message via Skype™ to chapelchap
Default North of France

There is plenty of space in the Pas de Calais area of N France and pounds cheaper than UK for a large hedged plot (you may have to cut your own grass and hedge). We are 40 mins from the end of the tunnel and have 150 sq m and we only pay 1100 for the season including water. Any age of static as long as its tidy. Cheap wine too.
Old 08-11-2014, 20:07

Just a thread I was looking for......won't go into all details but.....basically we have a 1998 lovely static that we love on a site in north UK. We were under the impression we could keep the static without age limits and sell on when we wanted. Well seems we can keep for as long as we remain the owners, but if we want to sell has to be off-site. We were only in the area as needed a base to live in while a family member was very ill (and has now died). We are unlikely to use the van where it currently is as for a brief visit back to see other family we can just stay with them.

So we can either sell off site for not much or try and relocate to another park. To make it worthwhile the ideal would be a site that would organise transport and not have huge fees to re-site. Van probably only worth around 8K at a push off site.

A friend is interested to come in with me and we'd both use it for holidays. The site around Welshpool sounds lovely as we have other family there, or as we live abroad the one near Calais also sounds an interesting option. Any more details chapelchap?
Closed Thread