Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Polls

Polls Start or answer static caravan related polls

View Poll Results: Which is the most important?
The location of your caravan park? 23 56.10%
The location of your caravan on the park? 18 43.90%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-07-2015, 09:56

I voted for location on the park although we didn't have much choice. Our van was purchased off site for us by our site owner and due to its size (40'x12.5') we were warned that there were only a couple of places on the site that were suitable for it. I know that there are much bigger vans around now but there are only a very few pitches on our site that are big enough to take more than a 38' long van.
As luck would have it I love where my van is situated as I am not really overlooked on any side and our pitch is huge. With the decking at the front and allocated parking at the back and side our pitch is roughly 50' long x 28' wide.

Old 27-07-2015, 16:31

I will vote for location of park, which it was when buying a starter van, however, now as we are starting to consider parting with circa 45k on a new van then it will be location on the park as well that will generate the eventual purchase.
Old 27-07-2015, 20:16

Surely it will be a combination of both! each of us will have different ideas. Distance was important for us as Granny dragon doesn't travel well and the dogs
aren't keen. We didn't want coastal as we lived for 20 yrs on the Lleyn peninsula and had enough of sand everywhere. We are 10 miles from the coast so can get to sand dunes quite quickly. We are on a quiet site with a sixty yard gradual slope to a small river. The only amenities are a launderette and a heated outdoor swimming pool, but there is a gastro pub 5 min walk away (that's going, coming back is longer ) This ticks all the boxes for us but others would want very different.
Emlyn

Last edited by Grandpadragon; 27-07-2015 at 20:18. Reason: Spelling
Old 27-07-2015, 21:37

Voted for park location. We live by the sea so a beach site would be a busmans holiday. We're on our second van now - the new pitch is more secluded than the old one which suits us. I quite like the passing social life but SWMBO prefers solitude so I have to take the dogs for a walk if I fancy a chat. Win win for the dogs and my waistline.
Old 26-08-2015, 23:11

I just voted for the site location. We chose our site entirely for it's central location and right on the beach. It's central but also slightly remote which gives us the perfect balance. As for the location of the pitch, when we started looking last year we were hellbent on a front pitch overlooking the beach. However, when it came to buying there weren't any pitches left. This was a blessing in disguise as on closer inspection those pitches were packed in tightly and we were shown some pitches with more space and away from the clubhouse/play area. This is the perfect balance for us as we are still only a 5 min walk to the beach.
Just my twobobs worth!

Geordie