Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Static Caravan Wanted

Static Caravan Wanted Are you looking to buy a satic caravan? Why not tell us?

Old 17-11-2019, 17:37

Default Within 15 miles of Carlisle Cumbria

Hi im looking for a modern static or park home near Carlisle Cumbria.I currently live in an ancient static,on a decent site,but slim chance of upgrading.Im open to ideas such as a yard i can rent,a small plot to rent or buy,a static to rent or buy already sited,or any suggestions welcome.Slightly further afield,could be an option.Thanks for looking.
C

Old 18-11-2019, 08:12

Hello and welcome.
Have you considered refurbishing? If you like the park you are on, that could be worthwhile, and pretty much evrything except the chassis can be replaced on a park home (I have assumed that you have a park home rather than a static, as you say you are living in it).
If this, for whatever reason, is not an option, try looking on Rightmove or similar for park homes for sale - although you will nee to crosscheck each advert you are interested in to make sure it is a residential site and you are legally allowed to live in it. You can cross-check whether the park is residential either via the local council, or on the parkhome-living.co.uk website.
You could also get a list of parks in the area you are interested in and visit them directly, walking round and talking to the residents to ask if they know whether anything is or will be for sale.
Please be aware that, even if you are currently living on a holiday site without problems, it is an extremely risky thing to do - you will not have any legal rights or protection against enforcement, meaning that you could get kicked out for breaching the terms of the site licence.
Old 18-11-2019, 21:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmc View Post
Hi im looking for a modern static or park home near Carlisle Cumbria.I currently live in an ancient static,on a decent site,but slim chance of upgrading.Im open to ideas such as a yard i can rent,a small plot to rent or buy,a static to rent or buy already sited,or any suggestions welcome.Slightly further afield,could be an option.Thanks for looking.
C
Have a look on Northumbria leisure site .....He's got some great sites in Northumberland..