Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Before Owning A Caravan

Before Owning A Caravan Discussion and advice on all aspects involved in deciding if a static caravan is right for you.

Old 25-06-2011, 23:39

Default cosalt monaco super

hi im about to buy a cosalt monaco super its i think around about the mid 1990s age anybody got any feedback on this caravan ??

Old 26-06-2011, 11:45
Supporting Member

You're not paying 15,000 for it are you? Although I think it was a top end model from Cosalt in it's day, It's now 21 years old.
ML.
Old 26-06-2011, 12:01

Nice van in its day. Well built as I remember. We used to have a few of them for rentals and they stood up very well.
Old 26-06-2011, 19:05

hi thanks ? no im not paying 15000 pnds for it i looked inside and i must say i was impressed with the quality ,it all seemed sturdy and well put together, the elderly lady who had it said she had hardly used it since she bought it , she bought it 10yr ago 2nd hand but she has no idea how old it actually is ? shes leaving everything behind pictures plates ornaments even a wedgewood dinner set ?? i mean everything cd player tv you name it shes leaving it ? its sited and i payed 9000pnds for it your prob going to say i paid 2 much but i did feel a bit sorry 4 her she lost her husband recently and she also has 2 pay 15%plus vat out of the money i payed her , im nt a heartless guy i kinda felt for her ????
Old 26-06-2011, 19:22

I'm pleased you've found the one Richardo. If the old lady left everything for you I'm sure that will have saved you a lot of money and she's paying the commision too. I don't know how much your caravan is worth but it must have looked worth it to you or you would have had second thoughts. I've seen older caravans in better condition than ones which are 10 years younger, which haven't been as loved as the old dears. XX
Old 26-06-2011, 19:51

Thank you clarissa ,yes it was in top nick the carpet looked brand new? its kinda strange shes leaving me everything even her vacuum cleaner and lawnmower, and a personally inscribed plate her husband was presented to by the ford motor company for his work ? even garden gnomes ! obviosly i wont want some of the items but i guess i can sell em on gumtree or paper ? oh 1 good thing about the site they dnt mind where you buy your gas bottles ??? at lest i know it was a top end model when it was made according to some replys on here , im planning 2 do a few alterations ie install a power shower and replace the gas fire with a gas living flame effect ,and take out seating a put a recliner armchair and 2 seeter sofa in its place and change the flowery curtains etc ..
Old 26-06-2011, 20:26
Supporting Member

It's amazing how much you can change the inside of an old van, chuck out the chintz and get some contemporary curtains and carpet. If it's a nice van in good condition you have a great starting point.
The fun starts now. Good luck.
ML.
Old 26-06-2011, 20:36

Ricardo ,before putting in power shower make sure that the electric supply will suppport it,and also check that you have enough ventilation etc.for new gas fire.
Whether we agree with you living in van courtesy our taxes,we would wish you no harm,so please please make sure that you have your gas/electrics checked.
Old 26-06-2011, 20:41
Supporting Member

well done on getting your van, its a sturdy ole girl by the sound of it....
i dont know anything about the price you paid and i bet there are a few of us on here ( me included ) that could have got our vans for cheaper but hey ho.....
i hope you have many happy years in her xx

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Old 26-06-2011, 21:48

Thank you everybody that has replied, and yes treetopper im getting a calor gas living flame effect fire from calor gas shop , and will get them to install it ! ok i will ask advice from a sparky! about the power shower,my girlfriend is my interior desighner lol! i will rely on her judgement on what goes with what shes pretty good at that kinda thing ,prob better then me ! ok well it will also give my dad somewhere to spend his last days i will look after him , and he will i think enjoy it ,he can sit out on the decking ,im fitting an electric bed in the other bedroom and taking out bth the standard twin beds ..