Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion

General Discussion General non-caravan related discussion

Old 21-09-2012, 12:12

Default Best & Worst of Park Marketing

Thank you to everyone who answered my Tidy park thread, that's still rolling on and I'm really enjoying reading the responses.

Here's anonther one for you...

What's the best and worst sales / marketing ploy you've come accross on parks.

The one I loved was the sales staff serving in the restaurant at the weekend to get talking to customers. Talk about obvious!

One of the good things I saw was a whole bus painted up to advertise a park, it' looked like a caravan. I thought it was rather eye catching and inventive. A good bit of marketing, not only for that park, but also for caravans in general.

Any other gems? Good or Bad?

You Can Find Us In The Following Places:
Website -- Flickr Album -- FaceBook -- Blog -- Twitter -- YouTube

Old 21-09-2012, 12:55
Supporting Member

I hated the 'Buy now and save 1000's before the VAT increase' that one of the Dealers on our Park used as a Sales tactic........big signs all over the vans (the old stock they were trying to shift).

ML.
Old 21-09-2012, 12:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
Thank you to everyone who answered my Tidy park thread, that's still rolling on and I'm really enjoying reading the responses.

Here's anonther one for you...

What's the best and worst sales / marketing ploy you've come accross on parks.

The one I loved was the sales staff serving in the restaurant at the weekend to get talking to customers. Talk about obvious!

One of the good things I saw was a whole bus painted up to advertise a park, it' looked like a caravan. I thought it was rather eye catching and inventive. A good bit of marketing, not only for that park, but also for caravans in general.

Any other gems? Good or Bad?
Treetopper is your best marketing ploy - he should get free fees and complimentary upgarades every three years - you must be doing something right.

I was once told, but don't know whether it would work for parks is to advertise on the outside of buses (not the full thing as above) - quite often the adverts stay for months after the period paid for as it is too much bother to change them as the buses are always on the road.

I suppose a lot of organisations have campaigns where they discount products then offer a similiar reduction in trade-in value - that has annoyed a lot of people on our park who were thinking about upgrading just before the marketing campaign, thought they would wait a week or so and then found out they were actually worse off waiting for the "sale"

http://s1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii490/bluemax90/
Old 21-09-2012, 13:09

The VAT is an interesting one... I understand some trying to shift stock before they are forced to absorb the VAT or up the price of the caravans next April. I do agree that some havegon about it in a somewhat cheesy way. When we were spending 12 hours a day fight the VAT increase, others were busy using it as a marketing opportunity hoping to generate sales.

Old 21-09-2012, 13:12
Retired Member

One park we looked at last year offered us a years free membership to the local health and fitness club. In return we only had to buy a 55 grand static. Needless to say it didn't persuade us.
Old 21-09-2012, 13:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemax90 View Post
Treetopper is your best marketing ploy - he should get free fees and complimentary upgarades every three years - you must be doing something right.

I was once told, but don't know whether it would work for parks is to advertise on the outside of buses (not the full thing as above) - quite often the adverts stay for months after the period paid for as it is too much bother to change them as the buses are always on the road.

I suppose a lot of organisations have campaigns where they discount products then offer a similiar reduction in trade-in value - that has annoyed a lot of people on our park who were thinking about upgrading just before the marketing campaign, thought they would wait a week or so and then found out they were actually worse off waiting for the "sale"
Thanks Blue...wish it was free We are made up with new van and the peeps that bought our Old van are absolutely made up,so someone must be doing something right
Old 21-09-2012, 13:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemax90 View Post

I often wonder if you chaps think Tree Topper and Tree Tops are the same person as Tree Topper is a walking advert for us. We're very lucky and I can assure you we're not one in the same, Tia will confirm!! Mr & Mrs TreeTopper are great ambassadors and we try and look after them.

Old 21-09-2012, 13:58

One of the worst was a site that had people in silly costumes waving large novelty 50 notes about. A sign read-COME IN TO GET 50 FREE! + FREE LCD TV. So many did-only to find that you did get the TV and the 50-in cash-but only if you signed up. One of the best ever saw was the sign-BUY ONE GET ONE FREE-this offer gave you another caravan for free if you spent over 50K-it was old stock and you could use it to rent out-but you had two lots of ground rent to pay.

Best one was a small site that housed 30 vans or so. Every Sunday, if you were there, the site called around with a joint of beef, pork a chicken and a bottle of wine as a thank you for being with them and for buying.

Si

Check out the social group clubs on my page:http://www.gostatic.co.uk/member.php?u=17474
BERT the Gostatic mascot-RIP 2012. Fare well faithful defender of our static
Old 21-09-2012, 14:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
I often wonder if you chaps think Tree Topper and Tree Tops are the same person as Tree Topper is a walking advert for us. We're very lucky and I can assure you we're not one in the same, Tia will confirm!! Mr & Mrs TreeTopper are great ambassadors and we try and look after them.
I have thought that , but to be truthful I wish I could like and respect the owner on my park unfortunately he takes a bit of watching. It is a family business but there are 7 parks with well over 1000 vans and probably over 200 lodges so you couldn't say he is exactly hands on. However it is good to have the Park owners perspective from yourself and Indian Wells - we don't always have to agree but it is good see it from the other side slightly

http://s1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii490/bluemax90/
Old 21-09-2012, 15:40

Send a message via Skype™ to Another1

Having been too a touring/static site recently, im now getting the site ringing me and offering a "free" weekend with the tourer "if" i let them aprase my tourer with a view to buying a static from them. Thing is my tourer is new and just short of 15k. Not much chance of them giving my that in px. We may well still go for the freeby.