Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion

General Discussion General non-caravan related discussion

Old 24-06-2012, 21:13

I have never wanted a dog, but I absolutely love my sons Trevor the sprocker, and my daughters caesar the Rhodesian ridgeback.....Both are youngsters and adorable. Trev, can't be tied up on a tether at the caravan because he's smart enough to dig it up.....

Old 24-06-2012, 22:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasboot View Post
We vowed to never have another b+b.It was me who had to take him to be put to sleep and it haunts me.We want a bit of freedom now and we are booking a holiday abroad here and there(it's been 13 years since we left these shores).Walking around Towyn we find ourselves looking at dogs more and more though.We shall have one no doubt,but not just yet.See a bit of the world again for a year or two and then just maybe i'll be bringing a pup home one night.

Anyone who has to take their pet to the vet, for euthenasia, truly has my sympathies. I have had untold canine friends to the vet. Oddly enough, it was my son's dog, who gave me the most pain at parting.

Strange really.
Old 25-06-2012, 01:52
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasboot View Post
I know this sounds stupid but we sort of bought the van for the dog.We used to tour and always ended up in Towyn.We wouldn't leave the dog in the tourer and go out to the pubs because i was always frightened about someone stealing him.Therefore we had to mainly sit outside pubs and clubs with him.He loved the place as much as us so we decided to buy the static and the dog could be left occasionally if we wanted to go out of an evening..Thats what we've been doing for the last 3 years but now he's gone it's so so different.
Think a lot of people, judging by the number of dogs on our Park, buy statics so they can take their dogs on holiday with them.

I know you are missing your dog Das and I think this is partly the reason you are thinking of moving Parks - your current Park obviously holds a lot of fond (but painful) memories of your dog.

I wouldn't make any rash decisions at the moment - As most folks have said on here, a lot of places are quiet at the moment - so you could be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire so to speak. See how you feel at the end of the Season and, if you still want to move sell up and buy somewhere else at the start of the new Season next year - unless your new Park will take your existing van as part-exchange of course.

Watch this space Tia - you could have Das near to you soon!

Last edited by Retired Member 8; 25-06-2012 at 02:29.
Old 26-06-2012, 10:44

well i have just had a bill in for the second gas bottle of the season normally by now i am on my fourth so thinking either the sun has been blazzing down there or hardly anyone has stayed in the caravan
in Sunny Cornwall.
Old 26-06-2012, 10:46

do they not keep you informed of bookings then Cornish?
Old 26-06-2012, 15:24

It's quieter where we are this year too. No good if you like to people watch!! On a more serious note Daz I know how you are feeling about your dear old dog. There is no easy answer I'm afraid. We have another now after several years, it's early days for you and your family yet. XX

Last edited by Clarissa; 26-06-2012 at 15:31.
Old 26-06-2012, 15:40

You'll know if and when the time is right for a pup, you'll just have to take Mrs.Das for a walk to the pub instead in the meantime :

As long as you dont leave her tied up outside when you go in for a pint!!

We got our dog just over 12 months ago. We had both had a dog in previous lives but with us both working full time we didnt think it would be fair. Once I went part time AND we bought the van we decided that was it (Well I did!). Hence a mad as a box of frogs labradoodle came to stay. We had to have the cat pts 2 months ago, and it really brought it home how much they mean to us. Heaven only knows what it will be like when this nutter is no longer with us. Time helps.
Old 26-06-2012, 23:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleen82 View Post
do they not keep you informed of bookings then Cornish?
they do but its just a sheet of paper with all the dates on of what they have at the time that comes in the post around may i think so there was a lot of dates not booked when we got the sheet from them so not really shure, i know last season every month of the season was fully booked but the sheet we had last season was more or less the same as this one.

the only other thing i can think of is that a lot of my gas bottles last season where swapped i don't know
in Sunny Cornwall.
Old 27-06-2012, 00:32
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornish rattler View Post
they do but its just a sheet of paper with all the dates on of what they have at the time that comes in the post around may i think so there was a lot of dates not booked when we got the sheet from them so not really shure, i know last season every month of the season was fully booked but the sheet we had last season was more or less the same as this one.

the only other thing i can think of is that a lot of my gas bottles last season where swapped i don't know
I am surprised you have used less gas than last year Graham. Last year was quite mild compared with this year. Last year, we hardly used any gas for heating until later on in the Season. Perhaps they have forgotten to bill you for a couple of bottles or charged it to a different van.

Let's hope they are getting plenty of bookings or you could end up with a massive shortfall on your very expensive site fees. I wonder this year though whether a lot more people have decided to let out their vans to cover the costs and maybe there is a lot more competition for the bookings.

Do they tell you how much you have actually earned half way through the Season?

Last edited by Retired Member 8; 27-06-2012 at 00:34.
Old 27-06-2012, 10:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetChops View Post
I am surprised you have used less gas than last year Graham. Last year was quite mild compared with this year. Last year, we hardly used any gas for heating until later on in the Season. Perhaps they have forgotten to bill you for a couple of bottles or charged it to a different van.

Let's hope they are getting plenty of bookings or you could end up with a massive shortfall on your very expensive site fees. I wonder this year though whether a lot more people have decided to let out their vans to cover the costs and maybe there is a lot more competition for the bookings.

Do they tell you how much you have actually earned half way through the Season?
no we only find that out at the end of the season once everything is deducted but even though we let the caravan through the park for the full season other than the weeks we want we get the odd letter asking us for any spare dates that they can have as they are struggling for caravans to rent out, last season they had the caravan for the whole season as i couldn't get down there due to one thing and another so i gave them the weeks i had saved for myself but couldn't use
in Sunny Cornwall.