Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion

General Discussion General non-caravan related discussion

Old 15-03-2015, 15:08
Departed Friend

Default park rules.

as i mentioned in the what has your park done thread we have all had letters if we are infringing park rules in any way(in our case we have a plastic shed).the park says it infringes health and safety,and is detrimental to the general ambience of the park.
i think they also took photographs of owners cars parked on the grassed areas,as they obviously plough the grass up in wet weather.
the park though block exit roads with caravans,leave caravans outside owners caravans for weeks at a time and also have to drive over the grassed areas to deliver gas bottles etc.not good for the general ambience of the park.
just wondered how other parks get round these problems as it doesn,t seem right to me that "general ambience"only applies one way.

Old 15-03-2015, 16:15

I would ask what health and safety legislation is being breached, i bet there is none, it will be insurance and park choices but so easy to blame H&S
Old 15-03-2015, 16:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01142007 View Post
I would ask what health and safety legislation is being breached, i bet there is none, it will be insurance and park choices but so easy to blame H&S
It's a tricky one this... I was at a park on Thursday that can't have wooden sheds. That's specified in the park license issued by the council. The park owner bought a couple of years ago and is trying to get everything right and some of the owners don't like being told to remove their old sheds, I think he said there were only 4 left. They also said the council don't have issues with plastic sheds.

The issue is of course that the council could start proceedings against the park.

We don't allow wooden sheds, but have no problem with the plastic ones as long as they are secured.

Councils are allowed to set their own license conditions because, in theory they understand they area better that others.

I do know other parks who have banned plastic boxed because they do tend to come apart in high winds and I've seen damage on our park cause when the fly apart. I also know one or two parks where the owners have to buy rather expensive metal boxed. They cost something like 450 to 500 each, but they do last for a very long time if kept locked.

It would be interesting to know it the park

You Can Find Us In The Following Places:
Website -- Flickr Album -- FaceBook -- Blog -- Twitter -- YouTube
Old 15-03-2015, 16:55

The cynic would say have the equity investors that own your site Mick also own a metal shed manufacturer.Your site is also using the age old motto "do as we say not do as we do"
Old 15-03-2015, 18:15

On our site they don't allow plastic or wooden sheds we can only have metal ones and the site states what size we can have.
Old 15-03-2015, 18:58
Supporting Member

We can't have plastic or wooden sheds either, only metal, but we can buy our metal sheds anywhere and the size depends on the room around your van. Just have to get permission from the site before buying one. To be honest, our site charge about the same price as Argos and deliver it to the van (they will also erect it for a fee).

We are also not supposed to drive or park on the grass when it's raining but a few of the people round our van totally ignore this

ML.
Old 15-03-2015, 22:49

On our site you can only have plastic sheds/boxes/ But, with decking you can only have wood - no UPC allowed. Figure that one out
Think they just make it up as they go along depending on which way the wind is blowing.
We have been up this weekend and see several storage boxes in pieces due to the wind
Old 16-03-2015, 00:45

Shed rules on our site are metal one's only for statics and wooden one's only for lodges. Truth be told it was the only reason we moved, my metal shed was starting to rust
Old 16-03-2015, 08:29

Where I am almost anything goes. Some people have plastic boxes, some metal sheds. Some tourers have decking to which the awnings are then fixed all year round, some have little gardens, some don't. Some people keep things under their vans, some don't have access panels in the skirting so can't. There is no age limit on vans either - some are very old and tired, some are brand new and they are all mixed together.

With regards general rules I honestly have no idea, the site have never given us any, we only found out by chance that the site is closed in February for the statics but not the tourers or lodges.
Old 16-03-2015, 08:38
Departed Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traction View Post
On our site you can only have plastic sheds/boxes/ But, with decking you can only have wood - no UPC allowed. Figure that one out
Think they just make it up as they go along depending on which way the wind is blowing.
We have been up this weekend and see several storage boxes in pieces due to the wind
ours is the exact opposite...........only metal sheds in cream or ivory,and only pvc decking.