Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet
 

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Polls

Polls Start or answer static caravan related polls

View Poll Results: I use my caravan....... in 2016?
Visited More and Stayed Longer 17 50.00%
Visited More Stayed Less Nights 0 0%
Visited Same 7 20.59%
Visited Less Often But Stayed More Nights 4 11.76%
Visited Less Often and Stayed Less Nights 6 17.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 21-10-2016, 10:16
Darren's Avatar
Darren Darren is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: No where (at the moment)
Posts: 1,758
Default I used my van......?

So with the season all but at an end for the majority of GoStatic Members it seems the perfect time to ask you all how often you got to visit your caravan this year?

Was it more or less than last year? Did you visit the same but for less time or did you get more use out of your caravan?

There has been a lot of talk on the forum over the past few months about the rising costs and the value GS members get from their caravan, so it would be fascinating to see your replies.
__________________
Have you had good advice from the forum? If yes why not become a GoStatic Supporter to say thanks and help the forum keep online. Click Here


Follow us on Twitter (Info)
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 28-10-2016, 15:58
Darren's Avatar
Darren Darren is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: No where (at the moment)
Posts: 1,758
Default

Thanks to all of those who have voted, it would be great to hear the reasons
__________________
Have you had good advice from the forum? If yes why not become a GoStatic Supporter to say thanks and help the forum keep online. Click Here


Follow us on Twitter (Info)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 28-10-2016, 18:22
slattster slattster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 317
Default

We both still work so our use hasn't changed any , we use it for our holidays and as many weekends as we can
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 29-10-2016, 22:29
slimseydy's Avatar
slimseydy slimseydy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hidden Valley Welshpool
Posts: 579
Default

Done all my breaks at the caravan this year , also used my holiday entitlement on Mondays throughout the year giving me loads of extra long weekends, my lads in work starting to call me bob geldof ��
__________________
2012 Willerby Severn

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/y...dy/caravan.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 31-10-2016, 01:49
Traction's Avatar
Traction Traction is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Eggleston, nr Barnard Castle, Co Durham
Posts: 756
Default

I'm a "Visited Less Often and Stayed Less Nights", This is just because of my circumstances. Van is in Durham, I'm in Leeds, hubby to be is in Birmigham I've been working and of course planning our wedding. The van is not in the ideal place for me now, obviously somewhere between Leeds and Brum would be ideal lol but hey ho that's life. I've no intention at the moment of giving up or moving sites at the moment but we will re-evaluate towards the end of next season. I've spent 4 weeks there and a couple of weekends but not as many as I have in the past, there seems to be a bigger attraction southbound rather than northbound lol
__________________
Trish

Last edited by Traction; 31-10-2016 at 01:50. Reason: typing error!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-11-2016, 16:25
arronbrook arronbrook is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Southcliff Bridlington
Posts: 1,364
Default

18 visits 55 nights includes 2 overnights in March and 10 days stay in November. Mostly here on alternate weeks for 5 days then home for 9. It works for us at the moment because of our very old JRT we can't go anywhere else but if we didn't have her to consider I do wonder if we would sell up and go B&B and go to lots of different places- we could do both but then I'd hardly be at home and I also love my home and garden. Hopefully we won't have to start thinking of changing things for at least another couple of years JRTs can live up to 21 years I've been told.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-11-2016, 07:39
Scampi Scampi is offline
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cowden Holiday Park, E Yorks
Posts: 685
Default

Our work lives are the same, so our 'van use is the same! Hubby wants to start taking the odd holiday elsewhere, but that won't have a huge effect on usage - we'll still be there most weekends.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-11-2016, 10:26
Mosquito Mosquito is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Fold House Park, Pilling , Lancashire.
Posts: 1,152
Default

I couldn't vote as we only arrived on site for our first stay, at the beginning of October for at least a six months stay.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-11-2016, 14:58
Darren's Avatar
Darren Darren is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: No where (at the moment)
Posts: 1,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slattster View Post
We both still work so our use hasn't changed any , we use it for our holidays and as many weekends as we can
I think that if the location of your van is near enough to nip for the weekend it is easier to control how often you visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimseydy View Post
Done all my breaks at the caravan this year , also used my holiday entitlement on Mondays throughout the year giving me loads of extra long weekends, my lads in work starting to call me bob geldof ��
It's amazing how adding an extra day or 2 to a weekend really makes a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traction View Post
I'm a "Visited Less Often and Stayed Less Nights", This is just because of my circumstances. Van is in Durham, I'm in Leeds, hubby to be is in Birmigham I've been working and of course planning our wedding. The van is not in the ideal place for me now, obviously somewhere between Leeds and Brum would be ideal lol but hey ho that's life. I've no intention at the moment of giving up or moving sites at the moment but we will re-evaluate towards the end of next season. I've spent 4 weeks there and a couple of weekends but not as many as I have in the past, there seems to be a bigger attraction southbound rather than northbound lol
The A1 can be a huge pain north on an evening with everybody leaving Leeds and heading to the commuter towns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronbrook View Post
18 visits 55 nights includes 2 overnights in March and 10 days stay in November. Mostly here on alternate weeks for 5 days then home for 9. It works for us at the moment because of our very old JRT we can't go anywhere else but if we didn't have her to consider I do wonder if we would sell up and go B&B and go to lots of different places- we could do both but then I'd hardly be at home and I also love my home and garden. Hopefully we won't have to start thinking of changing things for at least another couple of years JRTs can live up to 21 years I've been told.
Wow precise! I hope you have central heating or good radiators/fans for your November stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scampi View Post
Our work lives are the same, so our 'van use is the same! Hubby wants to start taking the odd holiday elsewhere, but that won't have a huge effect on usage - we'll still be there most weekends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
I couldn't vote as we only arrived on site for our first stay, at the beginning of October for at least a six months stay.
Thanks to everybody for replying. It's good to see that in the main most seem to have gotten to their vans more often this year
__________________
Have you had good advice from the forum? If yes why not become a GoStatic Supporter to say thanks and help the forum keep online. Click Here


Follow us on Twitter (Info)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 30-11-2016, 19:34
water hog's Avatar
water hog water hog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Hallheaths Lochmaben
Posts: 126
Default

Having only been a static owner since August im basing my answer partly on having previously having a tourer which was permanently sited on a seasonal for the last 5 years the site was only open till oct but usually the van was packed up mid september and not used till following march, from purchasing in mid August we have used the van for 30 nights use and are planning xmas and new year at the van so def getting more winter use.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

West Coast Windows


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.