Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Polls

Polls Start or answer static caravan related polls

View Poll Results: What change has been made to your site fees in 2017?
My fees have gone up 58 69.88%
My fees have stayed the same 24 28.92%
My fees have gone down 1 1.20%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-02-2017, 18:42

Ours went up by 45 to 1914 for a 7 month season.

Old 25-02-2017, 21:49

Thanks Marianda24 ,, the usual anxieties,,,, will we like it as much, will our doggies (fox terriers) settle, will it be as cosy,,, just gotta get rid of the chest infection then we off,,,starts next saturday so bring it on.... we've upgraded from the carnaby chardonnay to the carnaby freestyle seems to be a pattern here??
Old 26-02-2017, 19:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol&Bri View Post
Thanks Marianda24 ,, the usual anxieties,,,, will we like it as much, will our doggies (fox terriers) settle, will it be as cosy,,, just gotta get rid of the chest infection then we off,,,starts next saturday so bring it on.... we've upgraded from the carnaby chardonnay to the carnaby freestyle seems to be a pattern here??
I'm sure that there's no need to worry. You'll be just fine and as dog owners ourselves, I'm sure your woofs will settle easily. Let's face it they'll be happy no matter where they are, as long as their humans are with them. Hope you're soon better and let us know how you get on in your new van xxx
Old 27-02-2017, 19:53

Hollie never even noticed when we changed our van

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
Old 28-02-2017, 22:30

Default new van

i do hope my dogs settle, and yes as long as we with them they will go everywhere,,, follow me everywhere ha. i will post some photos once we settled,,, have asked owner to price us a verandah now we upgraded so bit apprehensive to what that will cost but have a nice view so i hope will be worth it,, can't wait to sit on the verandah hopefully in nice weather or peaceful nights with a glass of wine, the doggies already jump up when i mention the caravan/sheep and rabbits so they ready too,,,, carol
Old 01-03-2017, 12:48

Having dogs, I've found having decking has been invaluable Carol. I've got patio doors and they love to be able to lie on the decking in the doorway watching the world go by. We have got a gate on the decking so that they can come in and out as they please and we don't have to worry about them wandering off. Unfortunately it is an expensive addition to your van but well worth it if you can afford it
Old 02-03-2017, 18:26

Default Verandah

Miranda24 ,,Any advice on verandas? Our van has 2 doors one to living area one to back/corridor where we usually enter with dogs thinking of having 8ft x 12ft square not sure which door either off lounge without steps or back door with steps,,, thought it be nice from lounge but. Now thinking back door??? Can't adfford full length of van and I'd have to have galley style which I want room to sit etc any suggestions not had one before. We waiting for pricing think as we upgraded and will be in sunny spot be worth it Thanks carol
Old 03-03-2017, 23:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol&Bri View Post
Miranda24 ,,Any advice on verandas? Our van has 2 doors one to living area one to back/corridor where we usually enter with dogs thinking of having 8ft x 12ft square not sure which door either off lounge without steps or back door with steps,,, thought it be nice from lounge but. Now thinking back door??? Can't adfford full length of van and I'd have to have galley style which I want room to sit etc any suggestions not had one before. We waiting for pricing think as we upgraded and will be in sunny spot be worth it Thanks carol
Carol, obviously you will want to get as big an area as you can afford and if you want to be sitting outside taking in a few rays with a glass of something nice in your hand then you need to take note of where the sun is at its best. I'm lucky as I can usually find somewhere on my decking where the sun is shining (well at least when it decides to shine that is). A neighbour of mine who has a dog has a van with 2 doors on one side and she has put the largest decking nearest the back door so that the dog can come in and out. It also means that the dog doesn't traipse sand etc straight into the lounge area. The door directly into the lounge just has a set of steps for the humans to go in and out.

I'm sorry I can't advise any better but there may be some who are in the same position as you. My van only has 1 door on the side and double patio doors on the front so my decking almost cover 2 sides. I believe my photos in my signature show what I mean. I really need to bring these photos up to date but there should be some of my decking.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:16
Supporting Member

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but can I ask what people pay for rates?
I'm on North Denes in Lowestoft - Our site fees went up this year by quite a chunk, but our estimated rates went up also. We paid 295 last year and now I have a bill to pay of 428 for this years estimated charges. (this is non domestic rates, water and refuse)
Anyone elses rates similar?
Old 07-03-2017, 11:52

Our rates and water are included in fees. Our site normally has a winter storage fee but this year has amalgamated everything into one fee. Does anyone else pay winter storage??