Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Selling A Caravan

Selling A Caravan Discussion about selling a caravan.

Old 14-03-2017, 08:30

"....with Brexit on the horizon, who knows what will happen.

Personally, I'm quite relaxed about it. I expect matters to be sorted out to everyone's benefit once the real negotiations get underway....."

Mosquito - What a refreshing change from the doom and gloom merchants.
Like you, I honestly cannot see everybody who is currently happily settled in another country to that of their birth having to pack their bags and return to whence they came - people were settling elsewhere for years prior to the EU, and will be settling elsewhere for years after the EU. We all need tourists, and as the EU queues at immigration are always longer than the non-EU, maybe it will speed things up a bit as well....
-----
Dave - I do hope that things improve a bit for you. COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease to give it in full) is no laughing matter, and certainly cold, damp weather does not help.

Old 14-03-2017, 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhb View Post
"....with Brexit on the horizon, who knows what will happen.

Personally, I'm quite relaxed about it. I expect matters to be sorted out to everyone's benefit once the real negotiations get underway....."

Mosquito - What a refreshing change from the doom and gloom merchants.
Like you, I honestly cannot see everybody who is currently happily settled in another country to that of their birth having to pack their bags and return to whence they came - people were settling elsewhere for years prior to the EU, and will be settling elsewhere for years after the EU. We all need tourists, and as the EU queues at immigration are always longer than the non-EU, maybe it will speed things up a bit as well....
-----
Dave - I do hope that things improve a bit for you. COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease to give it in full) is no laughing matter, and certainly cold, damp weather does not help.
And very hot weather doesn't help....as regards van,usage is governed by the weather ....and can see why some decide to give up with copd,also it may be down to finances by not being able to justify fees...
Old 14-03-2017, 13:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
Enjoy life to the full. Remember, this is not a dress rehearsal!

How true is that.

I don't think the weather helps in the UK. You should think about living in a micro climate like Altea where we live. According to W.H.O. It has one of the top three climates in the world.

Since coming back to England for the winter I have suffered severely from phloem and have contacted two colds, one of which I still have.

Christine has a friend who's husband has suffered for years with a respiratory problem. They say that the climate does help but unfortunately can't cure. The only problem is, Health care can be expensive and with Brexit on the horizon, who knows what will happen.

Personally, I'm quite relaxed about it. I expect matters to be sorted out to everyone's benefit once the real negotiations get underway. The government hasn't had their hands tied by the Lords, so our negotiating power hasn't been watered down.
Hmm....not intending to turn this into a political debate, but you certainly have more confidence in the outcome than I do. I have heard many that now partially understand the implications of leaving the European Union and voted to leave, now wished they had voted to remain and feel sure if another referendum was to take place, the results in my opinion would prove that.

If all goes ahead and as expected do leave the European Union, I can imagine in future years we will be saying to ourselves, what the HELL have we done? No benefit to me, as being British I also see myself as European and despite my views I honestly do hope for the sake of the UK leaving does work to our advantage, because if it didn't I would get no pleasure in saying, I told you so.

Just my personal opinion, right or wrong.
Old 14-03-2017, 14:12

As there will be no change for at least 2 years...it gives people enough time to buy a van ready for stay cations...

Last edited by treetopper; 14-03-2017 at 14:22.
Old 14-03-2017, 14:16

Politics should be left for other sites,not on a Static Caravan site
Old 14-03-2017, 15:36

In my opinion Politics and other subjects should be discussed on other websites Not on this one under the Heading VALUATION Request in SELLING A CARAVAN part of the forum.If you want to talk politics then Private message people and then you can put your opinion forward.May I draw your attention to FUP 1.8 Banned topics.You may need to read the FUP prior to posting

Last edited by FlixtonFlyer; 14-03-2017 at 15:44.