Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Before Owning A Caravan

Before Owning A Caravan Discussion and advice on all aspects involved in deciding if a static caravan is right for you.

Old 05-04-2013, 15:10

Default Static sites East Yorkshire Coast area

Hi all,

We have a touring caravan and are looking to upgrade to a static. We're looking for a family friendly site and quite liked Withernsea Sands. I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend any other sites in that area or can give me any feedback on Withernsea. Thanks in advance.

Jackie

Old 05-04-2013, 15:19

We began our search for our first static in Withernsea following up to Hornsea, Skipsea and finally where we landed and stayed Bridlington. We found 2 lovely sites in Withernsea one was a Park Homes and I think the other was The Willows. Park Homes had everything for the kiddies and the Willows was smaller and quieter with a fishing lake, we prefered Bridlington town and the huge beach without breakers on it but location is what works for you. Theres lots of info on here to help you in your seach what to look for ect Good luck and share your journey with us

Last edited by arronbrook; 05-04-2013 at 15:21.
Old 05-04-2013, 20:24
Supporting Member

I may be making a few enemies here but just remember, this is only my opinion and it wouldn't do for us all the like the same.

I had a Chalet at Withernsea for 'one' season and even that was too long. There's nothing at all to do in the Town, the Beaches aren't that good and the Sea is brown Plus there's nothing nearby either.

As you go further North up the East Coast, Hornsea and Skipsea are a little bit 'out of the way', then there's Bridlington, Filey and Scarborough which are quite near each other
with Flamborough, Reighton, and Cayton in between......so Towns, Villages, lots of Beaches, Cliff walks and Cycling and plenty of quiet Sites and plenty of Sites with all the bells and whistles, so lots of choice.

ML.
Old 05-04-2013, 21:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie71 View Post
Hi all,

We have a touring caravan and are looking to upgrade to a static. We're looking for a family friendly site and quite liked Withernsea Sands. I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend any other sites in that area or can give me any feedback on Withernsea. Thanks in advance.

Jackie
Hi Jackie, and welcome to the Forum. You'll have to do some finger-work, and use some petrol, but you will find your site soon enough.
Old 05-04-2013, 22:06

Smile At

Thanks for your replies. We have been driving around the Withernsea coast up to Hornsea and Skipsea. Hornsea was very pretty, but quite out of the way. As you say at Withernsea the sea wasn't great, but we weren't sure if the strong winds had affected that whilst we were there. Clearly not! I think we're going over again next week to have a look inland slightly, although I have noted that Bridlington is the same travel distance as Withernsea so there pay be worth a try.

Any more recommendations/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

J
Old 05-04-2013, 22:14
Supporting Member

I actually think it is great that people ask for opinions, and i think it is great that people give opinions too....
after all..... an opinion could stop someone making a huge and very expensive mistake........

I always say to people to make sure they do their homework..... it's too late once they have parted with their cash...

have a good look round.... up and down........ make a weekend of it... if it looks good in the dark and dismal weather, think how great it will be once the sun comes out......................

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Old 06-04-2013, 12:11

I preferred sand le mere in withernsea,yes the front was falling into the sea ,but they were upgrading a new leisure complex when I was Last there ,nicer place than the haven camp ,don't know what the static rates are though I was touring at the time

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/y...dy/caravan.jpg
Old 08-04-2013, 12:19

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Hi, and a very warm welcome to the forum.

My advice would be to stop what you are doing, grab a cuppa, and sit down to read our "Advice and tips about buying a static caravan" here
There are probably subjects in there you never even considered! At the end of the first post, there's loads of links to discussions on here about choosing a park, and area, buying new or used, layouts, owning costs, how to negotiate etc.
It's an expensive mistake, so by reading the forums members discussions, we can all help you make the right decision first time my getting the benefit of our hingsight - its a wonderful thing!!

Good luck!

Reading this will probably throw up even more questions, so fire away. Once you've read all that, you can have more confidence in making your final choice

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1
Old 08-04-2013, 14:04

to the forum Jackie and good luck in your search. You will get lots of good advice on here. I don't know the area you are looking in, so can't offer any advice on sites there, but spent many holidays as a child further North in Scarborough.
Old 08-04-2013, 14:11
Forum Advertiser

Hello and to the Forum.

I have a soft spot for this area, many happy memories from my childhood and my first ever job was at a site in Barmston.

Personally I agree with the comments regarding Witherensea but I have a friend whos Parents have had a Static there for 15 years and love it so it all depends on what your looking for.

There are lots of great things to do and see so I would agree with previous comments and do your research and enjoy exploring the area while looking for the perfect site.