Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > The GoStatic Reference Hub

The GoStatic Reference Hub The GoStatic Reference Hub is the home of our most important threads. If you are thinking of buying a static caravan, we recommend starting here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 20:11

We moved our old caravan from Tomlinsons to the Golden Anchor site at Chapel St Leonards. The moving didn't cost us anything we just had to provide the new site with proof that we had had our caravan for three years or more (we gave them three years paid ground rent invoices). Golden Anchor organised everything and all I had to do was change the address on the insurance. I don't know what happens if your caravan is not already sited.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:08

Location: Sandfield Leisure Park, Chapel St. Leonards Skegness

Hi Catmanblue. We are sited on Tomlinsons also,have had one season there and loved it.Just wondering why you felt the need to transfer to Golden Anchor,hope you don't mind me asking.
Old 05-02-2014, 15:49

we moved as the site fees rose without notice and as we only use the caravan for weekends it wasn't cost effective.

Golden Anchor was a lot cheaper and we were given the option of a free move. I did prefer the site at Tomlinsons as it was more owner occupied and we knew neighbours by sight to say hello to. However I think the ownership of the site changed, the staff all changed and the friendly service stopped and it was all about money.

The regulations were far too strict, the site put up a street light directly next to our front window so we were disturbed by the light at night and then complained that there were weeds underneath our caravan, there was one large prickly thistle only and as we only went up at a weekend.

After having our caravan on site for about 8 years we were also then told that our verandh was too big and had to have it cut shorter by two foot at our expense.

The whole idea of having a caravan was to relax and chill out at a weekend after working hard all week and also spend time with my mum who had Alzheimers. I hope my comments do not break forum rules and I am sure that if so my post will be edited ( don't want to upset anyone as I've only just joined)
Old 05-02-2014, 16:12

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmanblue View Post
we moved as the site fees rose without notice and as we only use the caravan for weekends it wasn't cost effective.

Golden Anchor was a lot cheaper and we were given the option of a free move. I did prefer the site at Tomlinsons as it was more owner occupied and we knew neighbours by sight to say hello to. However I think the ownership of the site changed, the staff all changed and the friendly service stopped and it was all about money.

The regulations were far too strict, the site put up a street light directly next to our front window so we were disturbed by the light at night and then complained that there were weeds underneath our caravan, there was one large prickly thistle only and as we only went up at a weekend.

After having our caravan on site for about 8 years we were also then told that our verandh was too big and had to have it cut shorter by two foot at our expense.

The whole idea of having a caravan was to relax and chill out at a weekend after working hard all week and also spend time with my mum who had Alzheimers. I hope my comments do not break forum rules and I am sure that if so my post will be edited ( don't want to upset anyone as I've only just joined)
You're fine, you we're asked a question, you've answered it honestly and politely without offence, so thank you

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1
Old 05-02-2014, 16:25

Location: Sandfield Leisure Park, Chapel St. Leonards Skegness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmanblue View Post

Thank you Catmanblue,after reading your reply I'm not surprised you moved.Yes rules are tight,I wasn't very pleased with restrictions I had on putting up my verandah and shed,however We do think it's a brilliant and well run site so we put up with it. We stay there 3 weeks every month from opening. We purchased AD1 a wheelchair friendly van as my wife is disabled.

Last edited by whistonian; 05-02-2014 at 16:36.
Old 05-02-2014, 20:19

The location of Tomlinsons being slap bang in the middle of the distance between the village and trunch lane was fantastic. The closeness to the beach and being able to listen to the sea again was so relaxing. Tomlinsons is very well kept and the Moonfleet club was good - as long as you didn't sit in someone else's seat

Golden Anchor was not very well kept, the caravans were not as well kept. We were on an end plot so had a lot more privacy than others. The site was a holiday park - we knew all this when we moved.

Tomlinsons put the ground rent up 400 a season without any prior notice, the price was just too much for us so we moved to Trunch Lane just so that we could afford to keep up.

After two years without a caravan we have bought another one and have had it site at The Beeches. We have not used the caravan or had an experience of the site so cant comment yet. However we liked the site as it reminded us a lot of Tomlinsons, well kept plots, owner owned etc.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:17

Only looking for one pitch now as I have been asked to leave my site. Anyone know of any bring-on's in Perthshire or further afield for a 1998 caravan.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:25

Have you followed up the suggestions you received on this thread? Maybe worth revisiting (phonecalls) as you are now only looking for one pitch, so the replies might be different from the sites

Old 22-03-2014, 15:27

This thread is now CLOSED.

For our new thread and updates see here

http://www.gostatic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7597

Closed Thread