Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Before Owning A Caravan

Before Owning A Caravan Discussion and advice on all aspects involved in deciding if a static caravan is right for you.

Old 26-08-2011, 12:47

Default Quite inland site required.

I have joined you merry group as I am in need of advice and help in buying a caravan and the best site for us. We can find plenty of second hand vans for sale at what appearers to quite reasonable prices the site seems to be the big problem for us. We are looking for a inland site in Cambridgeshire or bordering into Norfolk quite (as we are OAP s) with minimum 11 months occupation per year. This would then be our second home for most of the summer, Looking on the web I can only find holiday sites or very expensive residential sites, that do not allow you to bring your own van on to the site. So any information on sites plus telephone numbers, addresses or Email address would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Old 26-08-2011, 14:38

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Hi have I already welcomed you? (blonde moment) if I haven't hello lol
I think there are members in that general area, good luck with your search, indeed, find the right site for your needs as a family first, do as much research as you can, keep asking questions :-)
Look forward to following your journey into the world of static ownership

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1
Old 26-08-2011, 18:39

Location: Towyn North Wales..where the Brummies meet the Scousers.

Hi and welcome.What you are asking for is rarer than rocking horse poo and especially in such a lovely area.If i were you i would try and find a site that will sell you a van and although it will be over the odds price wise at least you will be 'in' so to speak.If you manage to find a quiet site inland that will accept bring ons,you may well have to pay a surcharge each year on the ground rent for accomodating your van.
Old 26-08-2011, 20:08

Default Hi Dasboot,

Thanks for the advice it sounds reasonable. My biggest problem is that I am 2,000 miles away so only have the internet to try and find a suitable van and site. The internet only returns holiday sites or over the top residential sites, I suppose we are looking at the cheaper end of the market.
Old 27-08-2011, 09:14

Location: Towyn North Wales..where the Brummies meet the Scousers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox43 View Post
Thanks for the advice it sounds reasonable. My biggest problem is that I am 2,000 miles away so only have the internet to try and find a suitable van and site. The internet only returns holiday sites or over the top residential sites, I suppose we are looking at the cheaper end of the market.
The vans you are looking at are off site and this makes them almost worthless.Don't make the mistake of buying a van first without a site to accept it .Sites make a killing out of initially selling you a sited van at inflated prices.This is why they are reluctant to accept bring ons even if your van is brand new but bought from elsewhere.Good luck in your search silvefox but like i have already said,by buying a van already sited/connected you will have lots more sites to choose from.
Old 28-08-2011, 07:14

Have a look at www.ukcampsite.co.uk you can search for sites in a particular area, and it lists whether there are statics on that site or not, and there are helpful reviews about sites too.
Old 28-08-2011, 07:47

Just had a quick look - the ones listed that are open all year are Tall Trees in Wisbech , Riverside caravan and camping park, and Two Acres caravan and camping in Ely, Quiet waters in Huntingdon (fantastic pie shop in Huntington!!), Toad Acre in Longstanton, and Pisces country park in Welney. If you look on the site there are links to the websites too. Hope this helps.
Old 29-08-2011, 04:11

Edited please see 1.3 of our FUP Regarding Problem Sites - Thank You Ildi I would like to find a small site or farm where I can site my van. Please help if you have any ideas for sites in Somerset especially close to Bridgwater. Thanks

Last edited by Bobsnobs; 29-08-2011 at 16:29.
Old 29-08-2011, 13:51

Default Macarw

Thanks for the link Macarw it looks interesting hope it will turn something up for us. If any one has any other links or tips then keep them coming (you can never have to many)
Thanks