Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion > Sport

Sport Chat about anything to do with the world of sport
Sponsored by: Watch Live Sport

Old 13-01-2012, 20:36
Departed Friend

Thumbs up Super League 2012

Well wont be long now before the new season starts.Just wondering how you feel about your teams prospects for the new season!!

I"l start the ball rolling....Well here at Hull Kingston Rovers there's been a massive clear out on and off the field...some off our new signings are a bit new to me so TBH cant comment on them at the moment...the one thing that i am looking forward to is seeing some of our youth coming through the ranks especially two young forwards in Scott Taylor & Jordan Cox...plus i think it will be nice to see Hull born lads ie Craig Hall,Kris Welham,Josh Hodgson,Scott Wheeldon and David Hodgson who will be in the first team starting squad hopefully!!

Total guess but hope for 7th with a bit of luck but who knows don't think were going to see many teams romping away this year going to be very tight but good league hopefully...oh and if i was to have a punt for the winners think i would pick Warrington!!

So what's your views then ?....lookin forward to Chocys reply lol

Atb Stu

[COLOR="Red"]I've learnt to handle stressful situations like a dog...
if I can't eat it or play with it, I just p-e on it and walk away[/COLOR];)

Old 13-01-2012, 21:38

haha its banter time. (for other members im hull fc and stu is hull kr)
a couple of months ago i was a bit optomistis but recent events have cast a shadow over us here at hull fc, with the drug taking scandal (all of which involved are no longer at the club) but still its not good news, and now the club have announced we are not in as good a finantial state as they thought they were. we also have a new managment team and coach with the return of shaun mcrea, dont really know what he can do anymore. boring stuff over. obviously i hope we finnish ahead of the dobbins sorry robbins. reallistically im hoping for 5th spot with 1st spot i think been wigan. 22nd jan we play rovers in a friendly and i believe we are to put a near full streanth squad out, for a (fierce) friendly i personaly dont think thats such a good idea as injuries will happen. come on you ulla.

Last edited by Chocy; 13-01-2012 at 22:06.
Old 14-01-2012, 09:41
Departed Friend

Good post sensible chocy!!....you sure your a Duller good buddy!!......agree about the so called Derby Friendly ....no such thing defiantly not for the faint hearted eh!!

Atb Stu

Last edited by stu1; 14-01-2012 at 09:45.
Old 14-01-2012, 19:32

Well I'm not feeling at all positive about my team Huddersfield Giants. We are a team of crocs before we've even kicked a ball - so many players in rehab already. I'll be happy with a play off spot, but If I was a gambling man I'd have a punt on Leeds winning something again.
Old 15-01-2012, 13:58
Departed Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Simpson's View Post
Well I'm not feeling at all positive about my team Huddersfield Giants. We are a team of crocs before we've even kicked a ball - so many players in rehab already. I'll be happy with a play off spot, but If I was a gambling man I'd have a punt on Leeds winning something again.

Still a top six side in my opinion!....at least you have the midas touch over us at HKR!!...we cant seem to buy a win over you lot your definitely our bogey team!!....the plus factor for your team is having Nathan Brown!!...a very good coach

Atb Stu

Last edited by stu1; 15-01-2012 at 14:01.
Old 15-01-2012, 20:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Simpson's View Post
hi simpsons.
i thought you had let go of a few quality players but looking at this seasons team on the giant web site i think im wrong and it looks a strong side again. i know its far too early yet to predict how the season will end but heres my guess.
1st wigan ()
2nd warrington
3rd st hellens
4th huddersfield ()
5th hull fc ()
8th catalans
6th leeds
7th hull kr ()
8th catalans

Last edited by Chocy; 15-01-2012 at 21:05.
Old 16-01-2012, 08:35
Administrator

I am looking forward to 2012, most clubs season ticket sales are up so should be some good crowds. I can;t think of a team with a weaker looking squad than last year.

Warrington are favourites http://www.rlbet.co.uk/super-league but I think it's between Wigan and Saints (again) for the final.

Just glad my team, Wakey are still around and have a much better team than last year.

Follow us on Twitter (Info)
Old 16-01-2012, 10:13
Departed Friend

Darren just looked at your squad and it looks a lot better than last years!!...you"v got one of our favourite players in Benny Cockayne (just keep him from the pubs in Normanton)...me only doubt is Agar but time will see eh!

Atb Stu

Old 16-01-2012, 11:16
Administrator

Cockayne the players is a great signing for us, can play anywhere across the backs but the man may be more problems than he is worth.(a bit like Broughy the first time we had him as he came through the youth ranks)

Follow us on Twitter (Info)
Old 16-01-2012, 20:41

oh how sad, not many rugby league fans on here then. just the 4 of us upto now and 2 of us from hull. anymore out there.