Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Before Owning A Caravan

Before Owning A Caravan Discussion and advice on all aspects involved in deciding if a static caravan is right for you.

Old 28-01-2019, 17:54

Default finding a site

please merge this thread if ive duplicated , very sorry if I have
I read all the time about choosing the site first, but theres hundreds of sites to choose from and a lot of tiny ones that wont have a website off the beaten path , how do you select a site ?, if I went to skegness for a few days I doubt id find them all , with there being no central list of sites reviews from an owners point of view only holidaymakers ie trip advisor , how do you find the right site

Old 28-01-2019, 18:07

We chose the area we wanted to have a caravan and typed something like caravan sites into Google Maps and it showed us where they were, if I remember correctly. We then went out weekends to visit them and just marked off the ones we had seen. Saying that though, we come across our site by accident as Google Maps never even mentioned it
Old 28-01-2019, 18:58

You could also try the councils in the areas you are interested in to ask where you can find a list of licensed static holiday caravan sites. Some, but not all, councils publish them on line. This could be a way of finding the small private sites who do not have websites.
Old 28-01-2019, 19:06

Take your time , we were looking for a couple of years, enjoy some days out visiting a few sites you can find on the internet and if you drive past any others turn in and have a look , go to a new statics dealer in the area they should have a list of sites they deal with . When we were going looking at certain areas I would look on google earth for any caravan roofs so I could find any ‘hidden’ sites.
Old 29-01-2019, 10:49
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig12 View Post
please merge this thread if ive duplicated , very sorry if I have
I read all the time about choosing the site first, but theres hundreds of sites to choose from and a lot of tiny ones that wont have a website off the beaten path , how do you select a site ?, if I went to skegness for a few days I doubt id find them all , with there being no central list of sites reviews from an owners point of view only holidaymakers ie trip advisor , how do you find the right site
Your right, you wouldn’t find them all in a few days. It is probably worth some research on the Internet before you go at those you can find that have websites. Then if you look at the area on google earth in reasonable close up ( say moving along the coast roads ) where sites are, you will see other sites, their location and get an impression of size & density as well as being able to compare them to the sites you’ve looked at.
This might enable you to target your search a little better when you visit the area. Don’t go searching for “ the very best site” though. Just know what you are looking for from a site , and if you find one that realistically ticks all those boxes then that may be as good as it gets.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:39

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

It's not just the area to consider when buying for the first time, here's a link to some relevant info. Hope you find it useful. Good luck!

http://www.gostatic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4201

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1
Old 02-02-2019, 19:42

UKCS forum and look in the area you fancy was our way forward.

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.