Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan > Self build

Self build Discussion and advice on all aspects involved creating either a self build or a total rebuild of a caravan

Old 11-01-2016, 13:39

A quick update- Just had a quote for the works to our van from a static engineer, which includes connecting water supply, connect van to gas generator, connect new gas reg plus bottle, level van and support. Comes to just short of 3000 which does not include any spares needed for gas boiler etc! And I have to sort out the poo tank and fittings. I'm a bit in shock at this as it sort of rules the van out as an option. For that money I can rent a flat in a nearby town for 6 months. I think the farmer will say he and I can sort out a lot of what's on this list, but just thought I'd share.

Old 12-01-2016, 17:45

Ouch!!!

If you buy the van from a dealer, I'd be very surprised if they didn't site and level the van when they delivered it. We didn't even ask, we assumed they'd do it, and they did!
Same I would hope would go for a competent static delivery company (if you buy privately).

We did get an electricican to connect our power. But we did have mains power on site already, which helped. And we'll get a proper gas engineer to get our gas bottles set up and our appliances serviced/checked etc.

But we're doing the rest ourselves. Back now from our New Year break in the UK, and back on getting the van sorted out. We hope to be moved into the van by the end of this month, fingers crossed!