Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan > Subletting

Subletting Advice on all aspects of subletting (hiring) your caravan

Old 15-11-2016, 06:59

Default Subletting through Holiday Park

Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone has, had the same problem as me when I have sublet my Static Holiday Home?

I through the site that I am on, rent out my static Holiday home like most people there have been minor damages of crockery etc, but I have found more recently that the damages are getting more and more. so much so that the TV has been replaced twice and a party that the site booked in caused a considerable amount of damage. The Site take a 100 deposit and until the last incident I had not received it as I have found out that no one is checking the van before and after the lets. (just giving keys out and taking them back as the parties leave site) So when damage is found the deposit has been paid back and can not be recouped. when approaching the site all I'm told is that no one had reported it or the cleaners said nothing about damages or stuff missing.

I know that it is part and parcel of letting the Holiday Home be used by other people, but surely the site must play there part in being the Sub-letting agent? as they take a good commission off me from the letting fee, or am I being nave to think that they are to play there part!

Old 15-11-2016, 09:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter1069 View Post
Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone has, had the same problem as me when I have sublet my Static Holiday Home?

I through the site that I am on, rent out my static Holiday home like most people there have been minor damages of crockery etc, but I have found more recently that the damages are getting more and more. so much so that the TV has been replaced twice and a party that the site booked in caused a considerable amount of damage. The Site take a 100 deposit and until the last incident I had not received it as I have found out that no one is checking the van before and after the lets. (just giving keys out and taking them back as the parties leave site) So when damage is found the deposit has been paid back and can not be recouped. when approaching the site all I'm told is that no one had reported it or the cleaners said nothing about damages or stuff missing.

I know that it is part and parcel of letting the Holiday Home be used by other people, but surely the site must play there part in being the Sub-letting agent? as they take a good commission off me from the letting fee, or am I being nave to think that they are to play there part!
One answer may be to compile a list of every item in the van and hand it in to the office. Ask them in writing to check the contents of the van after every letting and indicate that you will expect to be recompensed for any broken or missing item.

If anything is broken demand that they pay the amount to replace any missing or broken item. If the breakage bond doesn't cover the price of the item, ask them to write to the renters and ask for the outstanding amount.

As they are charging you for their services, they should do that with every rental. Why are they taking the breakage bond if they don't check anything?
Old 20-11-2016, 21:24

Do you have to only leave a standard inventory in the van? If so it should be east for them to check for breakages and missing items. What is the point in them taking a 100 deposit/bond if it isn't going to be checked and reported on properly?
Old 21-11-2016, 07:20

Yes just the standard Inventory in the van, but it seems that they just hand over the keys and take them back without checking to see if anything is missing or damaged before the departure of the people who rented it out! don't honestly know what to do as they keep brushing it aside as if it does not matter what damage is done.
Old 21-11-2016, 10:50

One way to get around the problem of the staff having to check the inventory on the day day of departure is to have a clause in the contract to say that the breakage bond will be paid directly into the renters bank account within one week of their departure. This negates the need for staff to check the inventory when the staff may be busy on a changeover day. Of course this will only work if there are no incoming guests due to enter the van the same day as the previous guests are departing. In that situation the van needs to be checked when the outgoing guests are there or after the clean.