Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan > Subletting

Subletting Advice on all aspects of subletting (hiring) your caravan

Old 09-10-2017, 09:40

Which is usually reflected in the standard of cleaning.

Old 09-10-2017, 10:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
I've just checked out a caravan for hire that allows dogs ... On top of usual rental fee, they charge 3.00 per dog per night stay. (Increasing to 3.50 next year.)

So taking one dog with you,that's obviously 21.00 per week you pay for extra cleaning. For someone like us with two small dogs we would pay 42.00 ... that's a fair bit of cleaning time?
Not sure what cleaners on a site get an hour?

There is also a 100.00 deposit, which I imagine is usual. So any damage would be taken out of that ...if not to severe!

Just something for OP to consider if they decide to rent to dog owners
Yes I too have looked at pet friendly caravans, and they all seem to charge around 20/25 per week for each pet, plus security deposit, so if Mum was to decide to allow pets, at least she would have more than enough to clean should there be dog hair issue's.

But then there is of course the question of damage to furniture from distressed dogs chewing or scratching?

That could run into a lot more than 150

Perhaps "Pets at owners discretion" would be an idea? at least Mum can ask what kind of pet they are talking about?

Personally I am going to advise her to not allow pets, it all seems far too much hassle, and I can imagine her getting into a situation she cannot cope with (meaning I would have to cope with it lol)

Thanks again guys
Old 09-10-2017, 10:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percymama View Post
Y

Personally I am going to advise her to not allow pets, it all seems far too much hassle, and I can imagine her getting into a situation she cannot cope with (meaning I would have to cope with it lol)

Thanks again guys
As much as I have appreciated staying in cottages that allow pets ... I do think that would be best for your mum ... and you! Hope all goes well and she finds clients who respect and appreciate where they stay. All the best x
Old 09-10-2017, 12:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
People probably cause more issues than pets ... especially when it come to personal hygiene issues ... kitchens, beds, bathrooms, toilets etc.

People caused a h*ll of a lot of damage in that newly renovated cottage we stayed in, near Keswick .... within 12 month. A pet wasn't responsible for sure ... Unless it cooked and wore hob nail boots to kick holes in walls
That just isn't acceptable from guests either in a caravan or a cottage. The way to deal with that is to take a breakage bond. If any problems or breakages arise when a guest is renting, the cost of replacement or repair is deducted from the bond. The owner should, however, repair the damage before any another guest rents the van or property.

As an owner, you shouldn't expect other guests to put up with damage caused by past guests. The owner would have some explaining to do if I found problems with a property I had rented in good faith to be of a certain standard.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckspares View Post
Cleaners take around 5-10 per van on the big sites where we are!
I would consider 5 to 10 Slave labour for properly cleaning a van. Minimum wage is over 7 per hour. If anyone can clean a van properly in under 2 hours, I would say they aren't doing a good clean.