Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Buying A Static Caravan

Buying A Static Caravan Advice for those about to purchase a static caravan.

Old 28-05-2019, 06:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopper View Post
Glad it got sorted.....sounds like there are no checks by manufacturer ,or any pdi checks by site/dealer.......hope nobody comes on here in the future after buying your snag riden van....
Yeah that is the problem, who inherits the problems. The quality of the material in the Van was decent but the workmanship was terrible. Also the overall care, these things don't get looked after.

When I looked further into the vans history the manufacturer swift already had a list of defects logged even before it left the factory.

The caravan is at Flamingo Land so I would advise anyone buying from there to be extra vigilant.
I also have email evidence of the staff being insulting and recorded voice calls of them blatantly hanging up the phone because I called them out on their lies.

Old 28-05-2019, 07:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticOwner View Post
Yeah that is the problem, who inherits the problems. The quality of the material in the Van was decent but the workmanship was terrible. Also the overall care, these things don't get looked after.

When I looked further into the vans history the manufacturer swift already had a list of defects logged even before it left the factory.

The caravan is at Flamingo Land so I would advise anyone buying from there to be extra vigilant.
I also have email evidence of the staff being insulting and recorded voice calls of them blatantly hanging up the phone because I called them out on their lies.
Sounds like it shouldn't have left the factory....not a good advert for them..
Old 28-05-2019, 07:33

Definitely not, I will never set foot in the place again.
Old 28-05-2019, 16:38

We’ve raised 3 defects since owning our new van 3 weeks ago. The worst one was the microwave. It would trip the electrics when switch on at the spur. I raised it but then thought I’d take a look. Turns out the plug was wired the wrong way round ��. Obviously never went through any testing.
Other issues were minor, cap missing from window lock, grill not getting hot enough and blinds not closing properly due to a bent track. Sounds like we’ve gotten off lightly compared to some owners!