Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion

General Discussion General non-caravan related discussion

Old 14-07-2019, 12:29

We have now decided definately that the van will be sold we will be going into the office tomorrow to get the official valuation and the for sale sign for the window. I was pleased to hear that you have no regrets Emmell you often wonder how many make the decsion but then come to regret it in later years but I don't think we will we have looked at it from all angles and thought long and hard without being rash. David I do take what you said about it being busier when the new site opens and agree I think there will be a lot more footfall cutting through to the beach. I also thought that our quiet side of Bridlington may become changed and not in a good way for us. All that aside after 8 years we are ready for a new chapter. I will keep you posted please cross your fingers for us a quick sale

Old 23-07-2019, 06:57

Default Update

If nothing goes wrong we sign over the caravan to the new owners on Friday this week. It sold within hours of the printed details being put out in the office they didn't even get chance to put it on their website and we never had a for sale sign in the window. I'm sure there will be times when we miss just being able to turn up at any hour of any day with everything set up and waiting but it's definately time for us to move on. I do think if you have a static caravan you have to use it or it's an expensive luxury and we would not be getting value for money from it in the future. We have ten year pass ports and God Willing we will be using them ticking off places on my bucket list
Old 23-07-2019, 20:22

Safe journeys and good health.
Old 24-07-2019, 12:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronbrook View Post
If nothing goes wrong we sign over the caravan to the new owners on Friday this week. It sold within hours of the printed details being put out in the office they didn't even get chance to put it on their website and we never had a for sale sign in the window. I'm sure there will be times when we miss just being able to turn up at any hour of any day with everything set up and waiting but it's definately time for us to move on. I do think if you have a static caravan you have to use it or it's an expensive luxury and we would not be getting value for money from it in the future. We have ten year pass ports and God Willing we will be using them ticking off places on my bucket list
Of course there will be times you miss it - that just shows how much you enjoyed your times there.
But I bet there will probably be even more times when you are glad that you sold it and can go a-wandering.
Have wonderful times in places new, enjoy yourselves.
Old 25-07-2019, 16:03
Supporting Member

Best wishes from us as well.
I always remember the advice I got many years ago “Never look back with regrets, just have fond memories and always look foreword with anticipation of pleasures to come never with dread..
Old 26-07-2019, 08:06

Awh we'll miss you but I guessed you would. Its a lot of money you have to be certain you want it.

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
Old 26-07-2019, 23:21
Supporting Member

I went back to the site last week to take the dog to the beach. I can't believe the size this smallish private owners park has become! The amount of rental vans that have been put on the new development will swamp that side of Brid with full occupancy. It's going to turn into a mini primrose valley without the facilities to keep kids entertained.
I think you have made the right decision AB's. If I look back I could never afford the van I had before but with an Adriatic cruise, Costa del sol, London, and another three night break just booked for London again and it's not even August yet!
Having had different vans on different sites for over 30 years I am now discovering a world that I only read about or saw on tv and I'm loving it so get that bucket and tick that list off x
Old 30-07-2019, 14:43

Thank you for all of your good wishes I appreciate the positive posts. Also I do think that Emmell is right about how the site has changed I loved the fact that it was an almost deserted part of the beach even in the height of summer and I am glad that I left before it got too busy. I am now excited at the thought of pastures new