Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

 

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan > Disabled Access Caravan's

Disabled Access Caravan's Discussion about adapting caravans for disable use and all issues regarding disability and static caravans

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-08-2011, 12:18
Angela M's Avatar
Angela M Angela M is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea
Posts: 8,790
Question Does anyone know if...

If a site advertises caravans for hire for people with disablities, what other onsite facilities should they expect there to be? eg ramps to facilitate access to all areas, a hoist in the swimming pool maybe (if there is a hoist in the 'hired' caravan), access to a beach (if there is one), suitable width in the shop for wheelchair access. Does the disability act cover sites? or is this considered private land? Are facilities at the site owners discression?

It will be interesting to hear comments from site owners point of view, or if you have experience with these issues would you share them with us please?

Just wondering
__________________
Angela M
Mod Team

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1
Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 04-08-2011, 13:12
indianwells's Avatar
indianwells indianwells is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 712
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela B View Post
Thanks for that wellsy, I don't suppose you have any pics? Pretty please? You would make my day if you did ...
Here is a full gallery. We chose the option of the double bed in the ones we rented out.
http://pembertonlh.co.uk/model-range/sovereign/
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-08-2011, 15:42
Angela M's Avatar
Angela M Angela M is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea
Posts: 8,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianwells View Post
Here is a full gallery. We chose the option of the double bed in the ones we rented out.
http://pembertonlh.co.uk/model-range/sovereign/
That's brilliant thanks for doing that :-)
__________________
Angela M
Mod Team

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-10-2011, 11:39
fairytrish fairytrish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 30
Default

The reason for my choice of van was to suit diff levels of disability. I have fibromyalgia so have to try and keep my temperture constant so we have had to have double glazed and central heating. my daughter is a wheelchair user so the shower had to have an area of seating in it. we are still looking for decking with a ramp i hope to have this before next season. i have also had to have a 12ft van for the extra room including my grandson's with attachment disorders so had to have 8 berth so they are in there own rooms. my hubby panice in enclosed spaces so his needs had to be considered too but we are all happy with the choice we have made. we have a willerby aspen. so everyone is happy

fairy trish xx
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-10-2011, 11:44
fairytrish fairytrish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 30
Default

love the pemberton just not enough bedrooms though to meet our needs xx thanks for sharing the link though xx

fairytrish xx
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-10-2011, 13:33
Angela M's Avatar
Angela M Angela M is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea
Posts: 8,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytrish View Post
The reason for my choice of van was to suit diff levels of disability. I have fibromyalgia so have to try and keep my temperture constant so we have had to have double glazed and central heating. my daughter is a wheelchair user so the shower had to have an area of seating in it. we are still looking for decking with a ramp i hope to have this before next season. i have also had to have a 12ft van for the extra room including my grandson's with attachment disorders so had to have 8 berth so they are in there own rooms. my hubby panice in enclosed spaces so his needs had to be considered too but we are all happy with the choice we have made. we have a willerby aspen. so everyone is happy

fairy trish xx
hi fairy trish, thankyou for adding your comments to this thread, it's very much appreciated. May i ask how your chosen site accommodates your needs as a family? How did it differ from other sites you looked at? thanks fairy trish
__________________
Angela M
Mod Team

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 17-10-2011, 11:08
fairytrish fairytrish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 30
Default

hi Angela yes it is very flat and well set out the sales manager has made sure i have got my van sited next to a parkingbay where my ramp from the van will meet the one from our adapted car. All the kids entertainments are close by and have disabled access too and it is alovely family orintated site with beach access that my boys cannot go to on there own as they have a road to cross first. there are also many diff takeaways and cafes too for days when i cannot cook or don't want to and several small cafes to choose from too. The pool for the kids is lovely and two play areas are kept clean and tidy.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 19-10-2011, 14:58
Angela M's Avatar
Angela M Angela M is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea
Posts: 8,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytrish View Post
hi Angela yes it is very flat and well set out the sales manager has made sure i have got my van sited next to a parkingbay where my ramp from the van will meet the one from our adapted car. All the kids entertainments are close by and have disabled access too and it is alovely family orintated site with beach access that my boys cannot go to on there own as they have a road to cross first. there are also many diff takeaways and cafes too for days when i cannot cook or don't want to and several small cafes to choose from too. The pool for the kids is lovely and two play areas are kept clean and tidy.
Thanks for that info, you mentioned a pool, what is the access like from outside and into the changing room, showers etc, and access into the pool itself?
What are the play areas like for the children? Do they have any play equipment for less able children?
__________________
Angela M
Mod Team

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 26-02-2012, 20:04
Angela M's Avatar
Angela M Angela M is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea
Posts: 8,790
Default

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has any comments to add to this thread please?

Thanks
__________________
Angela M
Mod Team

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 26-02-2012, 20:34
wee_daisy wee_daisy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Silloth, Cumbria
Posts: 58
Default

Have you seen the new Willerby Rio Gold - disabled version? Its practically identical to a Pemberton Soverign but much cheaper....I know that the toilet in the Willerby isint as good for some wheelchair users though.

Whilst chatting to someone at Haven, it now seems that instead of the ABI accessible van, which they were using (which I think ABI may have stopped producing, but in my opinion, were not that great) they will eventually replace their fleet with the Willerbys.
__________________
wee_daisy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
caravan adaptations, lifts, portable, recommendations, standing, wheelchair, wheelchair platform

West Coast Windows


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 13:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.