Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 19-04-2012, 13:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetChops View Post
Well, by the sounds of it, I think the Karcher Window Vac would be a good purchase if you suffer lots of condensation on your windows.

Because it is still so damp outside, we have left a few salt bowls down still, just in case.
I got my Karcher Window Vac for this purpose it's brilliant because it doesn't just scrape all the wetness to the bottom of the window, it actually sucks it up and dries the glass as it goes. It's amazing how much water it collects!

Old 19-04-2012, 16:43
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogabreathes View Post
yes, I've put some of those condensation traps from the Pound Shop on the top of the wardrobes, tho to be fair its not been too bad. The black out liinings I put on the bedroom curtains seem to have helped.
We have got some of those - 2 per pack - well worth the money. That's reminded me, I need to get some more if they have any atm.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:22

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

I'm refreshing this thread again, in case condensation is a problem, so for 'newbies' it will be helpful

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1
Old 11-06-2012, 08:19

Oh the joys of using a static in wet weather... the condensation on the windows was relentless last week... I'm sure there was more on the inside than the outside! lol
Window blade and kitchen roll to wipe around the frames kept it at bay to a degree, the poor dehumidifiers were working hard too, must say, wardrobes and cupboards no probs, we made sure they were all closed tightly at night, as this seemed to be an important factor. We used the oil filled radiators when we got chilly rather than the gas fire as well.
It was raining as we left so not much chance to air the place thoroughly either, but we didn't cook on the last day, so that should have helped a little.

Old 16-08-2012, 09:07

As you know, I've been away for 3wks, during which time there was hardly a single morning that I didn't have to wipe away condensation in the bedrooms.
I have also bought some of the crystals, you'd be amazed how much liquid they have withdrawn. Usually there are a few months in the summer when the condensation stops, but not this year - even when the days have been hot and dry, the nights have turned much cooler causing the condensation.

It will be so interesting to see the difference DG makes when we finally get it installed.

Has anyone else noticed there hasn't been any let up in the amount of condensation?

It's really important to air your caravan thoroughly every morning, and when cooking/showering/washing up, and especially before you leave, or you may return to find you have spores of mildew growing.

Old 16-08-2012, 09:14
Banned

Angela yes I am sure D/G would help one thing I have heard of is cut a potato in half and rub the cut side over your glass you could try it on one window first to see if it works.
Old 16-08-2012, 09:18
Retired Member

Thank you for bringing this very imformative thread to light, as condensation is one of the things we've not researched yet and being new to owning a van we need all the help we can get.
Old 16-08-2012, 09:20

Sammy you shouldn't be too bad presuming you have double glazing and GCH? But you will still need to keep the van aired.

Its people like me and Ang with old girls that suffer the most with condesation. The bedroom windows at the van are terrible every morning when I'm there. I have had to wipe them down every morning without fail. I have been waiting for the let up like Ang mentioned but there hasn't been one yet lol x
Old 16-08-2012, 09:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammyanth View Post
Thank you for bringing this very imformative thread to light, as condensation is one of the things we've not researched yet and being new to owning a van we need all the help we can get.
That was the idea, glad it's useful, its comforting to know we're not the only ones with this issue, and it's handy to read how we all deal with it.

Old 11-09-2012, 13:49

Another refresher for those who would like to read it/add to it

Angela B.