Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Buying A Static Caravan

Buying A Static Caravan Advice for those about to purchase a static caravan.

Old 23-10-2015, 13:55

I'm looking for our first Static and it's around 26 years since we had a tourer, so nothing left from that venture.

There will be a lot of items that we need but fortunately we do have many items in our home that can be used permanently in the van as we have spares of a lot of items. They just need loading into the car and transporting when we purchase the van.

Old 19-12-2016, 20:10

Ours came with UPVC decking on three sides, a shed, some crockery, cutlery, kettle, toaster and bedlinen. We said we would pay the asking price if they included the TV/DVD, which they did. We bought duvets, mattress and pillow protectors, extra duvet covers, pots and pans, cutlery, hoover, garden tools. We no longer have a lawn (gravel, bark and borders) so we didn't need a lawnmower. We also bought a hose,various general tools and another storage unit. Cleaning things such as brushes/brooms. Hairdryer and bathroom utensils. Set of folding ladders. Furniture and Gazebo for decking.

We have some of these at home, but didn't want to keep carting them back and forth, so bought more for the caravan. We also leave some clothes there.

We brought a bird feeding station from home. Feeding the birds costs a fortune!

I don't know how much we have spent, but I would say at least a couple of grand.

Last edited by BungalowBel; 19-12-2016 at 20:17.