Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan > Subletting

Subletting Advice on all aspects of subletting (hiring) your caravan

Old 06-10-2016, 13:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelander View Post
Yep, I have a static on this site and will willingly answer any question you ask

However it may be better if you ask a list of questions so I can cover your needs and keep me out of trouble.

The best advice I can give is....don't do it, keep well away. I just wish that I had followed my own advice and gone elsewhere.

I am not happy in this Internment Camp.

To be fair to Blue Anchor I will try hard to find some good points to raise but that may take me a long time.

Well now I will try and be fair to Peacehaven or rather give excuses for them.

The thriving group of RATS on the site.

Well, if the Static Owners throw bread and scraps out for the Ducks and Gulls round the Vans the rats will partake on the crumbs during the early evening and nights.

Parking against the front of my Static and sometimes down the sides.

Well we do have a large car park, about 10 minutes walk away, near the entrance but the site as filled that up with Statics for Sale. not much of a help when you are 74 and disabled, you do need your car at the front or side of your van.

For me it is a nightmare, the other Static Owners park a couple of feet away from my front window, I get no privacy, car doors slamming day and night, people peering in the van and I have to keep the windows and doors closed to keep out the engine fumes.Sometimes they even reverse into the front of the van when the poor incapable drivers try and reverse park.

Last year I even had a fire when one car hit the front of my van when I was using the frying pan, oil splashed out and set the cooker on fire.

Yep.Parking is bad. If and when I get my car near-by I then go into Hermit Mode and get a Taxi when I need to buy food.

Parking is made much worse by the statics at the other side of the road putting steel sheds on the roadside preventing them parking on their own patch, instead they surround me.

I have room to park down one side of my van but if I do I get blocked in from behind and the roadside plus it starts them all off trying to get down the side of my van.

Yes, their are many more problems but these are the worst and I have tried to mention both sides of the problems.

To be honest I am wondering if it is time to retire from The Static and just stay at home, sitting in my Garden.

Might just empty the van, throw the keys into the Group Office and walk.No chance of giving the Van away or selling it since if I do someone will have to pay 2,000 Transfer fees to the site.

Old 06-10-2016, 16:19

Geeez Freelander , that sounds bad , how can people who spend so much money on these things behave so un-thoughtful to others , how can the site allow this to happen , I know I would be as frustrated as you sound , I would take pictures of what's happening in to the office and have a good rant , then i would have a chat with the neighbours , but you've probably wasted too much breath doing this already , it's bad when the site let you down like this . I have backspaced out a lot of swear words on this post , I am so frustrated for you.
Old 06-10-2016, 17:09

Sounds like hell on earth Freelander. Surely the rat problem should be a big health and safety concern for everyone. It must be a horrible experience to have paid good money to follow your dream and end up in your situation. I feel so sorry for you.
Old 10-10-2016, 14:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by slattster View Post
Geeez Freelander , that sounds bad , how can people who spend so much money on these things behave so un-thoughtful to others , how can the site allow this to happen , I know I would be as frustrated as you sound , I would take pictures of what's happening in to the office and have a good rant , then i would have a chat with the neighbours , but you've probably wasted too much breath doing this already , it's bad when the site let you down like this . I have backspaced out a lot of swear words on this post , I am so frustrated for you.
Thank You, Slattster and Clarissa for your understanding and comments.

I have had a moan and groan to anybody that comes near but it does not cure anything at all. I do not use my car since if I do I can not get back and remain a Prisoner in my Van. If I go out anywhere someone else parks up to my Static Spot

All I get from the vans across from me is "We need to park somewhere". They do not agree that they have blocked their own Parking spots with their many steel sheds and Rotary Clothes Dryers dug in between the units.
I am waiting to see what happens if the Emergency Services need to get through.

On my side I have a grassed area of about six foot on my door side then an approx Ten Foot high white Sub Station wall with the site Gas Bottle Store at the side of this.
Between these two buildings there is an access road to get on part of the site. Trouble is often the site workers block it with their Vans, own cars,Dumpers and all site bits. I think that the problems are to deep to cure .Everyone thinks about their own interests and do not consider others.