Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion > Travel

Travel Are you going on holiday? Got a favourite destination? Discuss it here. (Not caravan related)

Old 28-02-2014, 20:10

Default getting my caravan 'fix'

I've booked a week away in a lodge this year having sold our beloved van last year. It's strange going down the rental route instead of having our own. On the other hand it means we can explore different areas of the country instead of being confined to one area. We chose a lodge instead of a caravan out of curiosity to see why people rave about them. I am shocked at the price of rental holiday homes unless you are willing to book last minute for a cheaper rate.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:06

Our site has had to delay the opening due to major problems caused by flooding, we heard from them on Thursday morning that this was the case although we'd been doubtful for the past couple of weeks.
So, on Thursday evening after lots of discussion what to do, and both being a bit stir crazy, we got on the Internet and booked a holiday cottage!
We got a good deal for Sunday afternoon to Friday morning (the weekends either end of our stay are booked) in a five star, newly renovated place, right on the coast. Our static is in the countryside so this will be a complete change of scene and I'm really looking forward to it.
Bargains are there to be had if you can hold your nerve...
Bunty x
Old 01-03-2014, 18:17

Hiya Bunty
I'm sorry to hear about your site but well done you for finding a bargain. We booked a cottage in Yorkshire last minute last year and I was really pleased with the price. I needed to have something to look forward to this year, this was partly the reason for booking in advance. I'm finding it harder without our van this year as I miss just taking off when I feel like it. Enjoy your holiday and change of scenery. XX