Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Shopping > Wanted

Wanted Are you after a bargain? Ask the forum here.

Old 27-09-2016, 07:41

Default Jackets for Gas Cylinders

Hi
can anybody tell me where we can get jackets for our gas cylinders and if indeed anybody uses them.
Thanks

Old 27-09-2016, 09:03
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaynor542 View Post
Hi
can anybody tell me where we can get jackets for our gas cylinders and if indeed anybody uses them.
Thanks
Only seen one person our site using them. Personally I can't see I'd use them at the van, they have no use other than looking nice if you want to disguise your bottles. Our site boys connect the new bottles and disconnect and remove the used ones, can't see that they would want to be removing and re-fitting jackets. Having said that I have a jacket for our small Camping Gaz bottle but only because it lives under our BBQ and looks nicer covered.

http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/He...deshow/?sort=4

Last edited by Bells64; 27-09-2016 at 10:38.
Old 27-09-2016, 10:39

No practical use as far as I know on a static caravan. A friend who has a tourer uses Butane not Propane & it can freeze up and become unusable in very cold weather so is that why some bottles are covered I wonder, for insulation? Every static van on our site uses Propane which is good for low sub zero winter temperatures. If you are on a 12 month site & running on Propane, you dont need a cylinder jacket. If using Butane in late spring to late autumn you don't need a cylinder jacket. Only if you are using Butane in winter would you need a cylinder jacket. So unless you fancy them for cosmetic reasons, don't waste your money I would say.
Old 27-09-2016, 15:02

Thanks for that. No it was'nt to look nice we were thinking more about insulation. Its our first winter so all a bit of a learning curve.