Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > Introduction

Introduction Why not take a moment to introduce yourself.

Old 30-08-2017, 14:00

Exclamation Moving an older caravan... help desperately needed

Hello all... I hope someone can help me as im absolutely desperate now.

My wife and I currently have an older (approx. 15 yrs) static in Gloucestershire. Due to age the caravan needs to be moved... ideally we would like to move the caravan into the Derbyshire area but based on what Im about to say virtually anywhere will do.

Im ringing round furiously trying to find a holiday home, a park, a farm, a field.... ANYWHERE that would be prepared to let us move the caravan on to... but the results have all been the same... most wont accept caravans from other sites, almost all wont accept a caravan of its age (it is in excellent condition), and those few that have no age limit on vans have no spaces. Everyone is advising to simply cut our losses and I understand their point, but my wife has recently lost her mother and the caravan is all she has left of her. I understand the costs of moving and re-siting are more than the caravan is worth, but this is about my wife's mental health....not cost vs gain arguments

please advise on ANY place you know of that would accept our caravan.... frankly as long as it has electricity and plumbing we are desperate enough to consider anywhere

thank you, Terry

Old 30-08-2017, 18:13

This must be a very emotional time for you both.
I do hope that you manage to find somewhere suitable, but if you cannot find somewhere to put it have you thought about having a farewell ceremony?
Having such an old van moved may cause damage, and if it goes to a site or an area that you do not like/may not be able to visit very often, that itself could be distressing. Maybe arrange for the caravan to be removed and broken up to save anyone else using it, but before it goes have a last visit, maybe invite friends and family, to remember and celebrate the previous happy times that your wife's mother enjoyed in it - rather like a service of memorial.
Old 31-08-2017, 09:46

I can understand your attachment to your caravan because of all the memories your wife will have with her mother through it. There is a thead on here already called sites accepting bring ons which will hopefully help you. Good luck and let us know if you have a happy ending. X
Old 01-09-2017, 07:32
Supporting Member

http://www.gostatic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9148&highlight=sites+allowing+bri ng-ons&page=8

Last edited by Mevennais; 01-09-2017 at 07:39.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:57

to the forum at a very distressing time for you and your wife.

I know that the van is very special to your wife but if the dream of keeping the van and moving it proves to be impossible, you could always ask you park if there are any vans available on the park that you might be able to upgrade to and perhaps move it onto the pitch that your van is sited on.

It maybe out of your financial reach but if you can afford to do that, it may turn out to be a viable alternative.

I do hope that you can find a new home for your van but good luck whatever you decide.
Old 19-09-2017, 09:35

I had a similar problem I needed a wheelchair accessible static one but couldn't afford a new one . Found a 12 year old van. None of our N Yorks sites would let it come on.
I'm a firm believer in positive thinking and I just thought I need a farmer with a small field .
I bought my 12 year old van and the static company had found me just that a small site exactly where I wanted to be.
The owner is literally moving heaven and EARTH lol to site me on a beautiful pitch especially for me.
I'm excited, delighted and humbled all at the same time.
Never give up.
Put it out there.
You will be surprised
Old 19-09-2017, 09:36

Now, if anyone knows anyone who needs an accessible tourer I have one for sale ��