Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Static Caravan Wanted

Static Caravan Wanted Are you looking to buy a satic caravan? Why not tell us?

Old 27-08-2014, 18:37

Default Static in Dymchurch

Hi everyone,
We haven't had a van since our one went down a ditch during the storms of 1987. All these years later the kids have left home, and we have grandchildren. My son pays quite a lot hiring caravans, so it occurred to us to buy a van, so we bought a plot and now am looking for a static caravan to put on it. Thought I would join this forum because we are bound to make mistakes, nearly made one the other day, first one we looked at. We need a 28 x 10 static van 1,000 - 2,500
The plot is near Dymchurch in Kent. We are Tim and Loraine and we are from Welling, Kent.
Many thanks,
Tim

Old 27-08-2014, 19:58

You bought a plot on a holiday site & you have paid for the right to buy any van of your choice from any seller of your choice & have it sited on the pitch you bought? Thats a bit unusual. When you say bought, does that mean you have paid a years ground rent on the pitch or you have purchased the right to use the pitch or you have actually bought the land outright? What about setup charges etc? Does the site owner not have any vans available? All seems a bit unusual to the way most people buy a van. Have you thought about transport costs, electricity connection, gas connection & safety certification? Water & waste connection etc? Sorry but it all seems a lot different to any van we have bought over the years & most peoples experience on here I would guess.
Hope someone here has more of an idea but welcome to the forum. If anyone can help, here is the place to find that help. Hope it all goes smoothly for you.
Old 27-08-2014, 20:43

Hi RRRob,
Yes it is an unusual arrangement. We have bought shares together with the remainder of this years ground rent on a site that has a water and electricity hook ups, and all safety criteria.
The previous shareholders van was removed because of its age. So we are good to go as soon as the right caravan comes along. Free delivery would be nice, but we're okay with any reasonable charges.
Hope someone can help
Tim.
Old 29-08-2014, 12:20

Which site are you located on, Dymchurch is my second home
Old 29-08-2014, 13:55

Hi, Macman, we are on the Selby site, how about you? I know the area quite well we had a family caravan on Springfield farm, next to the Woolpack in Brooklands. Do you know a reliable dealer in the area?
Cheers,
Tim.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:03

Hi Tim, We are on Eastfleet (behind New Beach), dont know a local dealer but thanks to help on this site we purchased our new van from http://worcestershirecaravansales.com/, who delivered and were excellent throughout, they have lots of stock on site and also have them on their website, I just had a quick look and there is nothing really showing on their site for what you are after (unless you want a project van) so maybe give them a call as i doubt they have every caravan listed online.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Macman80; 02-09-2014 at 12:07.
Old 02-09-2014, 16:21

Thanks for the info will do.
Tim.
Old 05-10-2014, 15:26

All sorted thanks for the advice.
Tim.