Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Static Caravan Wanted

Static Caravan Wanted Are you looking to buy a satic caravan? Why not tell us?

Old 29-01-2014, 07:32

Default 12 month static wanted

Hi all

Im new to this site and this is my fist post.

I have been looking at buying on the Whitley Bay site ( i think it is a park resorts place). I emailed them and got a few replys from what i would think was a sales rep.

He informed me that they were a 12 month site but was vauge when i asked if there was nay linitations on how long an owner could reside on the site. when i asked the same question again he just said that i would need an address for letters etc. but again didnt say how long i could stay on the site.

I am lookint to stay on a site year round as i am currently in the process of selling up and moving back to the Uk and i wouldnt have enough money to buy a house.

So to simply, my question is could i reside on the site full time accepting the fact that i would need an address for correspondence etc.

i sort of got the impression from the sales guy that he was reluctant to say one could reside all year and that it was sort of an unwriiten tacit rule. but then again - he was a salesman

kindest regards and thanks in advnce for any advice.

have a nice day

Old 29-01-2014, 07:57

Send a message via MSN to Bobsnobs Send a message via Skype™ to Bobsnobs

Good Morning and welcome to the forum Have a read of the following link and this should help. In a short sentence you can not use a holiday home as a your main residence. I you use the search button you should find many topics on this subject.

http://www.gostatic.co.uk/showthread...static+caravan
Old 29-01-2014, 08:09
Departed Friend

hi and welcome.
i am on a park resort 12 month site,and can confirm they will NOT allow you to live permanently on site.
Old 29-01-2014, 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick1950 View Post
hi and welcome.
i am on a park resort 12 month site,and can confirm they will NOT allow you to live permanently on site.
And as you say they are clamping down on nearly all sites..and the Welsh Bill is to be debated In March I think
Old 29-01-2014, 09:54
Departed Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopper View Post
And as you say they are clamping down on nearly all sites..and the Welsh Bill is to be debated In March I think
quite right tt................in fact our park have just informed us that we have to submit utility bills every 6 months to prove we still have a home address.
Old 29-01-2014, 16:53

Taken from their site

As an owner, you can enjoy plenty of leisure time at your Holiday Home throughout your extended Owners season at your Park. The majority of our Holiday Parks are open longer than the standard 8 month holiday season, especially for our Owners. In most cases, our Parks will be closed to Owners at some point during the winter months, but this varies by Park. Many of our Parks now have a 12 Month License exclusively for Owners, which means Owners can enjoy their Holiday Home there all year around. Other Parks are closed for anything between a few weeks and a few months over the winter period. Simply contact your favourite park to find out more. As long as the Park is open to Owners, you are welcome to visit your Holiday Home there.
Although our Parks are open for an extended season, especially for our Owners, facilities and entertainment may not be run outside of the holidaymaker season (generally April to October). Some Owners Elite events may run over the extended season, but always check with the Park and they will be listed in the Owners Elite Calendar you receive when you become an Owner.
Please do bear in mind though that Park Resorts is not a Residential Park operator and you cannot occupy your Caravan/Lodge/Holiday Home on a residential basis. Because we are Holiday Parks, there are no Council Tax charges, and for that same reason there is a limit to the number of consecutive days an Owner is allowed to stay at their Holiday Home. This length of time varies by Park, depending on the Site License provided by the Local Authority. Please check with the Park specifically.
The only exception to this standard restriction is Breydon Water in Norfolk which does have a residential license for selected Park homes there. Please speak to the team at Breydon Water for more information.
Old 29-01-2014, 20:19

Well there it is in black and pale blue. Cant be any clearer.

to GoStatic, Carnival. As the others have said there is a lot of info on here regarding living in your van so it might be worth getting yourself comfortable with a coffee and doing the reading.
As Treetopper said there is a bill going through the Welsh Parliament regarding this and its only a matter of time before the English Government do the same so you have to be very careful
Old 30-01-2014, 11:47

Hi if you want to unofficially live on a holiday site you might be better off going to a smaller company or a independent site although our site is only a 46 week one they have no problem with us staying there for the whole 46 weeks but you do have to have a postal address somewhere else
Old 30-01-2014, 12:30

Our site is open 52 weeks a year and you are ok to stay whenever you wish.

As with other posters we do have to prove we have a residential address.

Here is a link to the site, they have a good selection of holiday homes for sale a the moment.

http://www.longbeach-leisure.co.uk/Default.aspx
Old 02-02-2014, 09:27

Please don't buy a caravan to live in. You are much safer renting bricks and mortar.

Wales is facing new laws to stop people living on holiday parks, England will undoubtedly follow. You will lose a lot of money and your home if you live in a caravan.

You Can Find Us In The Following Places:
Website -- Flickr Album -- FaceBook -- Blog -- Twitter -- YouTube