Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Static Caravan Wanted

Static Caravan Wanted Are you looking to buy a satic caravan? Why not tell us?

Old 12-07-2014, 16:22

Default static 12 month site required

Hi all

Have done the intro page and looked at various posts.

My partner, dog and I are looking for a static caravan with 12 month residence in Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire or the Lincs/Notts border. Any recommendations ?

It appears there are two options, find a site with a space, buy a static and have it delivered and connected or find a site with a suitable caravan already there. We are both 50 and this move is for life.

We have a reasonable budget and know what type of static we want from various holidays. double glazing, central heating, 3 beds is essential.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 12-07-2014, 16:44

to the forum kevlynn, think carefully you will need a residential site, caravans are not really designed for year round living - believe me we had our holiday static at a site in Argyll for a while and although it has double glazing, CH and additional under floor insulation I wouldn't want to spend a long winter in one. Fuel bills will be high as it will heat up fairly quickly but it will also cool down quickly as well once the heating is off.

Depreciation - it will be worth buttons in no time and then you have to start again when it is time to change it. And all that before the park owners on here get started on you

http://s1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii490/bluemax90/
Old 12-07-2014, 16:49
Departed Friend

i think what confuses people is that a lot of parks are switching to 12 month licences,giving the impression that they can be used as permanent residences,which,of course, is not the case.
Old 12-07-2014, 17:16
Departed Friend

you could try willow park in nottinghamshire.it is dog friendly and they have 3 permanent lodges available starting around 125 grand,and i think(but you would need to check with them)that they may be licensed for permanent residence.
i presume they may have a website.....................just a bit of useless(so i thought) information i picked up talking to someone i met on our holiday park.
no idea what part of nottinghamshire they are in either.