SPONSOR:
Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Before Owning A Caravan

Before Owning A Caravan Discussion and advice on all aspects involved in deciding if a static caravan is right for you.

Old 26-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Default Ground Rent

I thought it would be useful to have a thread where we share how much we pay for ground rent at our parks.

This will help new owners find a park within their budget and maybe help out if you looking to move parks.

Please post the name of your park, where it is and the operator.

Darren

Lincolnshire

Golden Sands- Mablethorpe- Haven- 2180 (+ Rates)
Thorpe Park- Cleethorpes- Haven- 2850+ (+ Rates)

North East

Amble Links- Nr Alnwick- 2200 (Around 2600 with rates)

Yorkshire

Allerton Park- Knaresborough-1449 (+500 rates approx)
Primrose Valley- Filey- Haven- 4000 (Extra paid for quiet pitch)

Wales

Saundersfoot Bay Leisure Park- Pembrokeshire- 1813 (Rates 120)
Presthaven Sands- North Wales- Haven- 3260 (+300 rates approx)

Advertise Your Caravan For Hire Online

Last edited by Darren; 26-02-2009 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Updated

Old 26-02-2009, 09:24 AM

Would it also help if people listed facilities as well just so you can make a better judgement on the ground rent?

We're at Allerton Park near Knaresborough and the ground for the year is 1449, this does not include rates (approx 500).

The site is small and nothing there but a play area, toilets/showers plus loads of wildlife (squirrels, peacocks and rabbits), just how we like it . Close to York, Knaresborough and Harrogate.

Our site is open 11 months of the year. (Feb to Jan)

Last edited by dianebb72; 26-02-2009 at 09:29 AM. Reason: adding opening dates
Old 26-02-2009, 10:04 AM

We are at Primrose Valley - Haven

We have a pitch in the quiet area of the site and pay extra for that.

4000 per year - for this we just get 10 passes, 10% discount off all and various offers.
Old 26-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Supporting Member

Here at Saundersfoot Bay Leisure Park we charge 1813 this year. That includes water & sewage and VAT. Rates are approx 120. We have a launderette on park and a woodland walk down to the beach. We don't have clubs and pools etc as we prefer to concentrate on the gardens and peace and quiet. As we are situated between Tenby and Saundersfoot there are plenty of things for our owners to do within a short distance. If we decided to have a clubhouse with entertainment etc i'd be lynched! Well maybe not, but i'd lose half of my owners.
Old 26-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the info guys,

I have upated the first thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebb72 View Post
Would it also help if people listed facilities as well just so you can make a better judgement on the ground rent?
What I'll do is link them into listings on our sister site GoCaravanParks if they have a listing so full details can be seen easily.

Although if people want to add them to their post feel free, the more info the better.

Thanks for the suggestion

Darren

Advertise Your Caravan For Hire Online
Old 26-02-2009, 01:11 PM

Smile

Asking us to disclose what we pay in ground rent is prying a little too much I believe as it’s something that should remain private. I certainly would never disclose how much our ground rents are but I will say they are reasonable!

If you’ve selected a park and require addition information then don’t hesitate to enquire at that park as the ground rent will usually vary depending on where your caravan is situated on site.

Andy

Last edited by Andy; 26-02-2009 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 26-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Supporting Member

Not having a go but why do you think it should remain private? The information is available to anyone who wants to ring a park and ask.
Old 26-02-2009, 03:58 PM

Smile

We don't wish to disclose how much we actually pay as we hire out our caravan on the Haven Holiday Park at Caister-on-Sea and would rather keep this private so we can offer very reasonable rates to potential guests. Rents vary from plot to plot and some include electric and/or water - some include passes for pool and entertainment and some don't have any facilities.

We also own a private caravan on a private site which we like to escape to several times during the season.

Hope this answers your question.

Andy
Old 26-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
We don't wish to disclose how much we actually pay as we hire out our caravan on the Haven Holiday Park at Caister-on-Sea and would rather keep this private so we can offer very reasonable rates to potential guests. Rents vary from plot to plot and some include electric and/or water - some include passes for pool and entertainment and some don't have any facilities.

We also own a private caravan on a private site which we like to escape to several times during the season.

Hope this answers your question.

Andy
Ah, I see! I understand that. We don't allow our owners to sub-let and all pitches are the same price, that's probably why I was confused.
Old 26-02-2009, 09:15 PM

Well i'm not bothered about who knows how much we pay.I also rent out our caravan.
We are at Presthaven Sands(haven) North Wales and we pay 3760(an extra 500 than the previous owners would of been paying this year,as we bought it from them privately and not through haven).That doesn't include rates(approx 310) or gas and electric.
I think its great that we share this info,it definately would of helped us if we were buying elsewhere x