SPONSOR:
Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Before Owning A Caravan

Before Owning A Caravan Discussion and advice on all aspects involved in deciding if a static caravan is right for you.

Old 30-03-2010, 01:34 AM

Default Thinking of selling up..

Yep, am thinking of selling up......sites fees going to go up again at the end of the year and had enough..... Would move to another site but wouldnt know were to start about moving my caravan, if I was allowed to move it....

Just wondering what price I would get for a< Cosalt Rimini year 1998... I realise this is a pretty old caravan and not even sure whether it would sell.....

Like I said, I would rather move to another site and take my caravan with me.... but I dont hold much hope of that.... unless someone knows of any sites in the north east that allow you to take your own van on site???

Old 30-03-2010, 06:28 AM

Default Thinking of selling up

Sorry to hear your thinking of selling up. I could be wrong but I believe Haven are/were offering to move caravans to one of there sites for free, worth checking it out.

We only bought our caravan last July so were fairly new.

Good luck.
Old 30-03-2010, 06:53 AM

yes susie i heard this.........think a lot of sites will do this soon just to get our buisness
Old 30-03-2010, 11:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to G4Shallow

I suppose it depends on what sort of site you are looking for. For example the site we are moving on to has no facilities apart from a a small park but the fees are under 1000.

The site (New Hall Caravan Park, near Hamsterley) has a few old caravans on and the owner said there is no limit to the age of the caravan as long as it's kept in good condition

Not sure if you can move your caravan on nor how much he would charge but you could ring if the park was the right distance
Old 30-03-2010, 11:43 AM

On our site they are wanting peope to move onto it, they are offering free transport of your caravan from the old site to the new one plus this years ground rent paid , its a blue anchor site and they are based around Skegness so it may pay to have a look around a few sites near to you and ask if they have any deals to entice you to move your caravan onto their site hope this helps

Dorrian
Old 30-03-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DORRIAN View Post
On our site they are wanting peope to move onto it, they are offering free transport of your caravan from the old site to the new one plus this years ground rent paid , its a blue anchor site and they are based around Skegness so it may pay to have a look around a few sites near to you and ask if they have any deals to entice you to move your caravan onto their site hope this helps

Dorrian
they wrote to me dorrian but i wernt sure what to do you never know if its better or worse blue anchor did dirty on us
Old 30-03-2010, 01:00 PM

Send a message via MSN to susan Send a message via Skype™ to susan

keria
i really dont think it matters who you with the all the same they just make the rules up to siut themselfs so they can get the maximum money out of you
i was told blue anchor was one of the better onesand as you know thay have been awful to us hate to think what the worst ones are like at the end of the day they dont give a s.... about you or your van just money how they can sleep at night is beound me but like i said they dont give a s....
they just see us as walking money bags
Old 30-03-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan View Post
keria
i really dont think it matters who you with the all the same they just make the rules up to siut themselfs so they can get the maximum money out of you
i was told blue anchor was one of the better onesand as you know thay have been awful to us hate to think what the worst ones are like at the end of the day they dont give a s.... about you or your van just money how they can sleep at night is beound me but like i said they dont give a s....
they just see us as walking money bags
well said love your so right a set of tossers i suppose i would still be with them now if they had,nt sold the site on
Old 30-03-2010, 06:31 PM

i agree too kiera they keep you in the dark i was only saying it may be worth looking at other sites cos if blue anchor offer this other sites may do too, back to our site there is a for sale sign on it at the end i went and asked John about it and he said its only the land at the front thats for sale but again i was a bit worried when i saw it

Dorrian
Old 30-03-2010, 07:45 PM

im sure park resorts are doing the same sort of thing will pay to move your caravan to there park , thing is i bet when you ask about it all they will want to do is sell you a caravan ..... but give you a very good price for your van in px