SPONSOR:
Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Before Owning A Caravan

Before Owning A Caravan Discussion and advice on all aspects involved in deciding if a static caravan is right for you.

Old 22-06-2010, 08:43 PM

Default ground rent and vat

site fees have vat added to it as it is classed as a product or service
we are all used to paying the 17.5 % and indeed a couple of years ago we all enjoyed a reduction when vat went to 15% for a year
now the new chancellor has put vat up to 20% i hope parks will be a little sympathetic to us owners and for at least next season 2011, freeze the ground fees at 2010 rates as the total for ground rent will naturally go up when the 20% vat kicks in in january.
the new vat rate will be factored in to our site fees bills at the end of this year as the site fees is classed as a 2011 service
if the site fees go up as they normally do at the end of the year, and then the new vat kicks in in january, us owners will be hit by a double whammy
i wonder what other people think of this and i put this particularly to our new member who is a site manager for his views

Old 23-06-2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
site fees have vat added to it as it is classed as a product or service
we are all used to paying the 17.5 % and indeed a couple of years ago we all enjoyed a reduction when vat went to 15% for a year
now the new chancellor has put vat up to 20% i hope parks will be a little sympathetic to us owners and for at least next season 2011, freeze the ground fees at 2010 rates as the total for ground rent will naturally go up when the 20% vat kicks in in january.
the new vat rate will be factored in to our site fees bills at the end of this year as the site fees is classed as a 2011 service
if the site fees go up as they normally do at the end of the year, and then the new vat kicks in in january, us owners will be hit by a double whammy
i wonder what other people think of this and i put this particularly to our new member who is a site manager for his views
If you pay in full by 1st December for 2011 fees as we do to get the early payment discount of 50 you will only pay vat at the current rate.
Likewise any big purchases would be worth doing before 4th January 2011 to save the extra 2.5%.
Our site were very good when vat dropped to 15%, they refunded money paid early as a goodwill gesture.